struggling to cope

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

struggling to cope

Postby shazza » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi usually a silent reader but really can't cope anymore. Husband is disabled, at coming to terms with failed attempts at helping him recover from broken hip.

I am usually the one that works, accepted this long time ago because of his disability before the fall. now I've been off since April, nightmare to live with, not on top of pain. have excellent doctor when can get him. no other will deal if mine is off to do with medications ,ssp had now stopped, need to apply for pip which didn't want to admit how bad I've got. walking 2 crutches not very well, physio handed me another crutch doesn't want to see me until meds under control no exercises doc was surprised about just pace pace pace .

Need money to pay morgsge doc won't sign off not that I could if I wanted to. Just all over the place sorry . Hope u all R in a better place sending hugs thanks again for listening x
shazza
UKFM Member

Re: struggling to cope

Postby Garyl » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:34 pm

Shazza try get some advice from Fightback they are on Facebook and fight for peoples rights to benefits etc. I am struggling myself to walk down to Fibro, osteo arthritis and other problems, i have graduated in a matter of weeks from one walking stick to two and now a three wheeled walker.

So try fightback.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:46 pm

Sorry to hear how things are at the moment shazza :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: With you saying
shazza wrote:,ssp had now stopped need to apply for pip

I did a bit of looking to see what should happen next and found this on HMRC's site. Obviously, all I have to go on is what you have posted here, but if you haven't received any of the forms etc mentioned, then it might be an idea to contact someone who will be able to help and advise you about what needs to be done next.

There's no reason why you shouldn't try to claim PIP either. PIP is the replacement for DLA and is paid to help with some of the expenses involved with daily living and mobility issues caused by your illnesses/conditions.

It sounds like both you and mr shazza could do with talking to someone who knows the benefits system well to give you some advice specific to your situation about what you could be eligible to claim. There are sites which have benefits calculators such as Turn2us which can give you an idea of what you be eligible for, but speaking to someone who can also help you thru the paperwork as well will probably help with worries and stresses levels too.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Garyl » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:57 pm

Shazza Fightback do have a message board with lots of help and advice on it http://fightback.boards.net/ go along take a look, if you register on boards you could get some valuable advice they helped me a lot.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi shazza,

Sorry to hear you're struggling. :grouphug:

I was on ssp but now on esa (still on assessment rate because I appealed but that's a different story).

I spoke to HMRC because I'm new to all this and didn't know where to ask. They were very helpful and explained that once your SSP runs out for whatever reason, your employer needs to fill in a form and explain why they won't pay you aymore. It's called SSP1. Mine tried to get around it but I had advice from my local cab and was told they have to give it, no ifs or buts. With this you can try and get ESA.

You'll find this info when you click the link FluppyPuffy posted. Maybe you could show this to your employer if they're not familiar with how it all works?

Good luck, hope you can get it sorted. :fingerscrossed: :goodluck1:
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby shazza » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:52 pm

Thank you all very much for your help and support it will give us some peace of mind and lots of information to look at,feel bit better now just losing grips on reality u have really helped calm me down , now to get on with it.
Thanx again x
shazza
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 am

Shazza, you know there's usually someone not too far away, even if it's just to offer :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: medicinal [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] or a :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: to hug :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

You know that if we can help, then we will, and even if it's something we don't know about, we'll listen and help you bounce ideas around to try and find that way forward for you :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia