swollen and burning feet

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

swollen and burning feet

Postby debsmith » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:01 pm

Hia everyone

Does anyone else get really swollen feet that feel tight? And burning foot pain on the bottom of feet? My doc said prob due to lycra I take but didn't say anything after that! I am on my feet a bit but have never had this before! Thanks debbie :pull-hair: xx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Re: swollen and burning feet

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:01 pm

Iv been having these exact symptoms for past few weeks and today my feet look like footballs! :shock: im not on lycra :crazy: got a feeling what it is tho but unrelated to fibro as think mine is related to another condition i have.

Swelling normaly is not a symptom of fibro.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby leigh73 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi just in the last few months i also have had burning sensation in my heels of my feet. Im on gabapentin amytriptoline & 20mg buTrans patches. I have found if i wear flat shoes compared to trainers it does make my feet worse. I also get the painful burning sensation in my thighs at night & it keeps me awake. I have no other conditions except fibro so i put it down to another fibro symptom :(
leigh73
UKFM Member

Postby cozza50 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:35 pm

hi i dont get swollen and burning feet but i do goet it in my hands the really do hurt feel like they been hit with a hammer where they hurt so much and the swelling as well does any one else get it in there hands
cozza50
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:46 pm

i get this alot used to scare the dodas outta me.felt like my feet are on fire.i do still get it, never found out what it is. :crazy:
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby HippyChick61 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:56 pm

I had this a couple of weeks ago, both my feet swelled up like balloons, you should see your GP straight away as it may be an indication of a more serious problem (Not trying to scare you but it could be an indication of circulatory problems). I rang the help line and a GP came out to my home straight away to check out my heart and circulation and now my own GP is doing extensive blood works to find out what caused it
HippyChick61
UKFM Newbie

Postby clubsound4 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Hi ,If you read the leaflet with Lyrica it warns of swollen and sore feet and to seek medical advice at once,,I was prescribed Lyrica approx. 3 months back and as you all know you introduce your body to them taking them in a certain way and I had to start reducing the tablets in the same way(under medical supervision of course) as if you stop them at once you get withdrawal symtoms..I was put on Gabepentin and have no problems, hope this helps,soft hugs to all :crazy:
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby SukiTills » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:49 am

I have been suffering from chronic swollen feet and ankles for 4 years now. Sometime they burn, or are cold and I get aching and pains as well. Not on Lyrica (never heard of it).
SukiTills
UKFM Newbie

Postby debsmith » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Hia guys
And thank u for all ur reply,s! So many of u have this problem,I saw dr few wks back and told him about my feet he put it down to lycra but didn't do/say anything else!!! Booked appt but can't see him til 22nd oct!!! No spaces so have requested a call til I see him expecting call tuesday hopefully,I am on my feet a bit re: job but each day I ask myself how much longer can I do this!!!! Re: heart I had surgery this year and had heart trace+blood pressure done they said it was ok unless changed I will mention this again tuesday thanks everyone sending soft hugs to u all :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :grouphug:
debsmith
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia