shoulders

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

shoulders

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:22 pm

well when i say shoulders i mean the front of my shoulders erm breast bone isnt it.well they hurt i feel like someone has put a hammer to them.i was wondering to if muscle relaxants helpful for period cramps. there sooo painful . :roll:
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: shoulders

Postby geo » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Yeah mine are constantly agony. Just above/below my collarbone and tops of shoulders are the worst parts!
geo
UKFM Member

Postby Suzyhyde » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:23 pm

My shoulders are very sore and painful the pregabalin and amitrityline I take help to relax muscles plus when I sit down a heated pad helps to .i am have just started some acuputure 1st session last week he made cones of furry lookin stuff then lit them then put on where i have most pain then some needles in feet and one in back so far so good had times when I relised I wasn't in pain its a bit weird but when in pain you try everything hope you get some relief soon
Suzyhyde
UKFM Member

Postby Bridgitte » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:16 pm

I have Fibromyalgia which causes chronic pain and fatigue everywhere, but I've been having added problems with my shoulders for about two years now on top of the usual FM problems, and last year when I went to see my consultant, he diagnosed Rotated Cuff and he would refer me to Orthopaedics for an injection-which he didn't, and after going to see him this year and having words with him, he arranged for me to have xrays. I was then told something was coming away from my Clavical, and when I did go Orthopaedics, consultant couldn't see the "problem," so now I'm waiting for an MRI and been told that it "might" be to do with FM, but the pain I get is in shoulder up to the neck area, to the front down to the breast area, back of the shoulder area and down the arm and it is definitely more of an exaggerated problem that normal FM usually is, but that remains to be seen. I've still not had an injection, but if you're not happy with how you are, always listen to your "gut" feeling of what you know is normal to you and what isn't, and don't be palmed off.
Bridgitte.
Bridgitte
UKFM Member

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:24 pm

I have it between my shoulder blades up through to my neck and across the tops of my shoulders, it is the worst of all my fibro pain, and it gives me such headaches with it, like tension headaches that won't go. Even my tried and tested frozen lavender pillow I've always used for migraines doesn't touch it. Hugs xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:50 pm

well ty for replys guess we have to suck up and shut up eh lol.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia