Really?? All these pills? 0.0

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Really?? All these pills? 0.0

Postby ru.campbell » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:16 am

Absolutely.

I should clarify that we feel 'real' pain too and it is very much amplified compared to someone without FMS.

I should have made that a bit clearer.

As someone who is sick of people telling me 'its just old age' I should be more careful.

No, as a couple of you have said, what I meant was that there is a large proportion of pain caused by misfiring signals, but yes, naturally when he stub a toe, for most of us, the throbbing pain of that can go on forever.

I also empathise with those, like me, who suffer the endless, sleepless nights. I've been up for two hours already and I only went to bed 5 hours ago.

Ho-hum

:crazy:

Stay strong

Ru
ru.campbell
UKFM Member

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:20 am

Hey there I think I'm understanding this, although I have like Debbie an L5/S1 12mm slip and an L4/L5 stenosis with degenerative disc desiese and trapped nerve roots. The pain from this is very different to the fibro pain, which reminds me more of over doing the weights in the gym, but instead of your muscles repairing after a couple of days it's never ending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:58 am

Hi,

I too have the spinal problem helen described and thought maybe that's why my body is even more confused because it can't heal this injury and things might calm down once my back stops hurting. The naproxen I was given took off the edge of both pains and while I can say there is improvement, it wasn't quite as I hoped. The Fibro pain (which is a deep pressure like aching, a bit like someone's over -stretching my muscles) is still there.

Before Fibro I thought pain is pain, it just hurts. Sometimes more sometimes less. Depending on how bad the injury is. Now I get different pain if that makes sense. Still wondering if my Fibro was caused my operation. I was scared as it was my first one. Maybe my body woke up and was in shock because of all this pain, not knowing why as I was under general anesthetics? Dunno, just my theory.

I'm asking myself if maybe because our bodies are different (and maybe because the reason to get Fibro is different for everyone?) it's so hard to find a medication or combination that works.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:13 am

Hey
Yes Karou I often wonder if it's the pain from my back trauma that has caused the fibro as it has taken 13 years for them to finally take me serious enough to do an MRI on my back and the injury to it is so old there are complications with unusual growth from the vertebrae that have slipped and broken away from the spinal column. And speaking to others there seems to be a lot have had a huge trauma before the fibro began wether a mental trauma or a physical one...... This is just my views though from speaking to other sufferers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia