sore tongue

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

sore tongue

Postby ouchiemama » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:12 am

Hello peeps, hope youre having a good day :-)

So as the title says my tongue is really sore, especially when I eat or like lick round my teeth after eating & its so sore & annoying!! :yikes: It really aches!!

The tongue is a muscle (i think) so it makes sense with this stupid fibro - anything & bloomin everything can hurt!! :cry:

Just wondered if anyone else finds this & if there is anything I can do..apart from dont eat!! lol.

XXX
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Re: sore tongue

Postby denys » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:02 pm

I think you ought to go and visit your docs as I havent heard of the tongue being sore due to fibro, maybe from an associated condition perhaps so if I were you I would get it checked out just to be on the safe side
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby ouchiemama » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:35 pm

thanks denys. Ye i will mention it to my doctor next time, i know you shouldnt just presume its fibro related but i was just thinking its just another sore muscle. Doesnt appear to be that common though so youre right i best get it checked...just feel like such a pest/hypochondriac with never ending new symptoms!! :yikes: XX
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:34 am

i had that years ago it was stress that done it for me.it was so painful.also some pills can do it to. but u should make sure your tounge is health by asking the dr to look xxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby seamonkey » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:22 pm

I have noticed this with me when i am going to start with a flare up. It feels like a achy muscle not like you have bitten it or anything. Usually lasts a couple of days then goes as more bits start to get sore. Hope today its fine, can be so frustrating when even the simplest of things hurt!
take care,
seamonkey
UKFM Member

Postby mary251 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi ouchiemama!

Word of warning, most GPs will tell you to see your dentist, as they deal with the oral cavity. It may be that you're biting your tongue in your sleep, which is causing the pain during the day. You should defo get it checked, though.

Hope it gets better soon! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Sometimes, there is simply not enough chocolate in the world...
mary251
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia