Considering taking these if I can take them

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Considering taking these if I can take them

Postby wiltshireguy1982 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:52 pm

I bet many people on here have tried these but I would be interested to hear if they have benefited anyone, the supplements in question are Co-Enzyme Q10 & Magnesium Citrate.

I know that Magnesium Citrate is the best Magnesium to take because it is better absorbed than Magnesium Oxide.

I need to check whether I can take these supplements as I suffer from other condition such as GERD, Asthma, IBS, Pernicious Anaemia as well as possible Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

I'm hoping I can try these for a month or two to see if there are any improvements? what have been your experiences with these supplements?

Thanks.
wiltshireguy1982
UKFM Member

Re: Considering taking these if I can take them

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:03 pm

Check with your pharmacist or GP for any potential problems with other meds you may be taking, both prescribed and OTC.

It can take a good while for the benefits from supplements to be felt, sometimes it can be weeks, sometimes it can take months, so please try not to be too down if you don't feel anything from the outset.

When All Else Fails, Hug your Teddy xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:31 pm

I agree with Fluppy I personally havent taken the supplements so cant add anything else :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: they work out for you :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby PennyJ » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:58 am

Hi there,
I have been taking Co Q10 enzyme for about a year now and I did notice the difference after only a couple of weeks. I take 100mg daily, I did try once to see if I really needed them by withdrawing them for a few weeks and I did notice the difference as I got the fibro fog back so went straight back on them again. I would check with the pharmacist first because of your other problems first but I would recommend them. Best wishes. Penny.x
PennyJ
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:02 am

I've been taking co-enxyme Q10 for a few months now, I missed a few days last week for various silly reasons and by gods I noticed the difference (I missed ALL my usual supplements, to be fair) and have been much more tired and ouchy as a result. I don't take ANY medication other than ibuprofen/paracetamol though, so I'd definitely echo the advice above about checking with a pharmacist.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia