hideous back pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hideous back pain

Postby bridesmum » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:07 pm

I went shopping with my daughter on Saturday, didn't carry anything and stopped for lunch. Sunday and Monday I paid the price, absolute exhaustion and pain. Today I felt a bit better but had to go to see gp about a small lump I'd found in my breast. She was really thorough and told me it was fine. By the time I got home my back was excruciating and I could barely stand. 4 hot water bottles later it's still hideous! I've come to bed and just feel like crying as this pain and exhaustion makes me feel quite depressed. To make matters worse I am having hot sweats made worse by having to have a hot water bottle against my back! Sorry about the miserable whinging :too-upset:
bridesmum
UKFM Member

Re: hideous back pain

Postby Garyl » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:18 pm

Bridesmum we all need to get things off our chest moaning is only way we can, Hope back pain goes quickly
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby judipat » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:21 pm

I can really sympathise with you - in fact, sounds like we had a very similar day. I too went to the docs this morning as I'm having ongoing trouble with my knee which I fell on about 3 weeks ago - this in turn has had a terrible effect on my hips and back. Came out the docs and went for lunch, had to walk up a slight hill which dos'nt usually bother me but, Oh God! felt like Everest today. My back/hips/legs have been killing since. I too have felt a bit sorry for myself tonight - taken painkillers and now I'm just praying that I sleep!!!
Hope you do too xx
judipat
UKFM Member

Postby frances A » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:29 pm

I too suffer back pain- I have injured it 3 times- & find it is one of the worst places- if legs or arms hurt you can use crutches, sticks, splints. lean on something but the back- well you can only lie or sit & thats not mobile- hope you can understand what I'm trying to say- mines killing me this week !!!
frances A
UKFM Member

Postby leigh73 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:49 am

Hi. I can sympathise with you here. My back pain was caused by a rear end car accident. Have had over £3000 of private physio. Im now on butrans patches to help with the pain.( It was the accident that caused my fibro) I was advised not only to use heat patches on my back but also ice packs. Sometimes heat can make the muscles worse. So try ice packs wrapped in a cloth as its the coldness you need not the freezing of your back! Hope you get relief soon x
leigh73
UKFM Member

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:30 am

Here you, my back pain is from spondulothisis that went undetected for 12-13 years, it's a bit of a mess now. Hugs xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby vectra » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Hi Everyone just want to suggest PHYSIO may help with your knee and walking problems as they isolate the area and work solely on the the area to help with either cartilage probs in the knee or work on re alining your vertebrae in your back as well as free the muscle area up At the minute ive a few probs with my back and left leg and I went and paid private to see a physio and she's sorting me out with working on me and exercise as I don't want to be locked into pain killers permanently only when I need them.
vectra
UKFM Member

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:15 pm

Hi vectra, I'd love my back to be so simple, I have physio and hydro for it, I'm waiting to see if I can have an op to untrap nerve roots but because it's been left untreated for 12 years there are growth coming off the vertebrae and I've degenerative disc desiese as well but this is all separate to the fibro pain and very different too :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia