Very Frustrated!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Very Frustrated!

Postby wiltshireguy1982 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:35 pm

Been to see my GP again today regarding my symptoms, didn't seem too concerned and said just to wait to see what the Neurologist says in 3 weeks time although I won't be holding my breath.

She tried blaming my symptoms on a virus, symptoms like my leg pains and other pain that I am getting.

I've been on Gabapentin for quite a while now but it isn't doing much, I also take Buscopan for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Omeprazole for Acid Reflux, 2 different inhalers and tablets for Asthma, B12 Injections.

I'm getting very stressed out lately as well because the Jobcentre are putting a lot of pressure on me, I am now having to attend the Work Programme twice per week also, I honestly don't think I can work full-time, I think I'd struggle part-time, however as I haven't been properly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome I'd be worried about trying to claim for ESA or PIP but I'm not sure what to do.

I've had a lot of tests done in the last 12 months including:- Chest X-rays, Bloos Tests, Panendoscopy, Endoscopy, Spinal MRI, Spirometry, ECG's and more.

I am due to have a Barium Meal test before Xmas, see the Neurologist in 3 weeks time and have got to see my Asthma Nurse every fortnight at the moment.

Just so frustrated and don't know what to do!!
wiltshireguy1982
UKFM Member

Re: Very Frustrated!

Postby MsBabylove11 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:44 pm

Hi just wanted to say that your story sounds a lot like mine in the beginning! I have had fibro for 3 years now and it took me roughly a year to get diagnosed and that was only because I kept on and on at the doctors until the refferd me to a rheumatologist and I went two or three times until I got my confirmation! Rememeber that the doctors are there to HELP US! So don't let them forget and keep pressing on as u will get there in the end and I know u will feel better once u have a name to your illness!

Here anytime if u wanna chat xxxx
MsBabylove11
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:47 pm

hi,

could you get a sick note from your GP?
this might give you some peace of mind as you might not have to attend the Work Program
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby wiltshireguy1982 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:54 pm

fibro-lu wrote:hi,

could you get a sick note from your GP?
this might give you some peace of mind as you might not have to attend the Work Program

Possibly, the problem then is though I'd have to claim ESA which means they would probably pass me for work given what I have read about medicals/appeals/ATOS but I might discuss the sick note when I see my GP again in around 3 weeks time.

Thank you for your reply.
wiltshireguy1982
UKFM Member

Postby wiltshireguy1982 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:57 pm

MsBabylove11 wrote:Hi just wanted to say that your story sounds a lot like mine in the beginning! I have had fibro for 3 years now and it took me roughly a year to get diagnosed and that was only because I kept on and on at the doctors until the refferd me to a rheumatologist and I went two or three times until I got my confirmation! Rememeber that the doctors are there to HELP US! So don't let them forget and keep pressing on as u will get there in the end and I know u will feel better once u have a name to your illness!

Here anytime if u wanna chat xxxx

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I fully intend on pressing the doctors until I get answers because I need to know for sure what the issues are being caused by and It would just be nice to put a label on these symptoms, it will also help me in that I wouldn't worry about other causes for my symptoms.

I'm glad you finally managed to get yours sorted though, sounds like it is always hard and never easy.
wiltshireguy1982
UKFM Member

Postby Garyl » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Witshire guy i have had no problems re esa saying that as well as Fibro i listed all other complaints backed by letters from Doctor and practice nurse, am in support group which is a good thing.

You need to make sure things are right and your not on the Government treadmill, my fibro is so bad atm with only a hours sleep a night and not able to get comfortable.

Hope they can sort things for you.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby wiltshireguy1982 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:06 pm

Garyl wrote:Witshire guy i have had no problems re esa saying that as well as Fibro i listed all other complaints backed by letters from Doctor and practice nurse, am in support group which is a good thing.

You need to make sure things are right and your not on the Government treadmill, my fibro is so bad atm with only a hours sleep a night and not able to get comfortable.

Hope they can sort things for you.

Cheers Gary, thanks for your reply, I guess the Doctor must think I have Fibromyalgia hence prescribing me Gabapentin.

My previous GP mentioned Fibro a lot and some of my other previous doctors have said i might/probably have it but none have sent me to a Rheumatologist, also my fatigue is awful and I have had severe insomnia the last fortnight, only having the odd 2 or 3 hours sleep and feeling like a zombie in the day.

My body definitely does not feel right at all and I don't want to be on the Government Treadmill, I know what you mean though.

Thanks.
wiltshireguy1982
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:03 am

hi loveis there anyway u could get a new dr who is more understanding.some dr just don't believe in it. it was other way round for me dr told me i had it i kept telling him i didn't lol.i dont see the dr im registered with can u do the same try another one where u go and see if u can find one, as for work dr told me to leave manel work but i no theres noway i can work with this and i no i shall have a fight on my hands soon enough.but im lucky i have a good dr.ask to see a rheumatologist there the ones who will tell u if u have fibro or not.hugsxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia