Sore feet

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sore feet

Postby smila » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:21 pm

Hey, has anyone come across sore feet as the sole of my feet feel very painful that I can't even walk.. I've been diagnosed with FM for over 2 years now and I feel as though my symptoms are getting worse..
Feel so fed up [CRYING FACE]
smila
UKFM Newbie

Re: Sore feet

Postby olwynam1 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:34 pm

Yes, I often feel like I've got stones in my shoes - very painful to walk. Was diagnosed with FM 16 years ago Mines soles and heels. xx
olwynam1
UKFM Member

Postby smila » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi there, how have u managed to cope with the pain.. It's so unbearable that I can't even get out of bed to walk to the bathroom.. Is there anything that might help the pain?
smila
UKFM Newbie

Postby Grannyjac » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:43 pm

Me too, ooh that feeling like you're walking on stones is awful. I've been using Deep Heat and Ibuleve Extra Strength but to be honest the effect is minimal. Any advice would be appreciated :)
Grannyjac
UKFM Newbie

Postby Karen Elfallah » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:48 pm

Just discovered this little beauty, sore insteps that make it horrendous to walk on. I have a great chiropractor & massage therapist who have eased the pain but its really bad first thing in the morning. Had FM for may years but only diagnosed 5 years ago & its just getting worse. karen x
Karen Elfallah
UKFM Newbie

Postby Garyl » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:31 am

Sore feet not good at all for me, have progressed in a space of 3 weeks from using a single stick for support to two then a 3 wheeled walker, my feet so bad made worse by Drop foot in my left foot (no muscle control in ankle and foot), this makes my left foot like a flip flop when i walk.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby Mrsscowie » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:49 am

Hi. I have had feet problems for about 3 years now. Right foot was injured at a football match 4 yrs ago and has had plantar fasciitis since then. Left foot now has very painful heel. Sometimes it is too painful at night to put weight on my feet. I have been known to crawl up stairs. I am on 150mg of amitriptylene and it eased my other pains but not my feet. Have started taking 50mg naproxen morning and night and this seems to have made a big difference. I was able to walk for an hour yesterday like a normal person -no pain or shuffling. Maybe you could ask your GP if this is something you could try? X
Mrsscowie
UKFM Newbie

Postby scoke » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:27 am

i haven't been able to find anything to ease the pain on the soles of my feet but the morning soreness wears off and I know that an insert for the balls of my feet made them burn but I also had plantar fascitis and extremely painful insteps - with the pain radiating up my legs - until i discovered some inserts for my instep - that cleared both problems for me. I also find that I need a very slight heel - even my slippers - mostly wedges which I feel give me a sturdier base. I also have a huge problem with the bobbly bits at pedestrian crossings (there to help the partially sighted, I know, but they HURT!), they're not always avoidable and can leave my feet throbbing for the rest of the day.
scoke
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia