Support

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Support

Postby Happy(jerky)feet » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:54 pm

Is it just me but where is all this support ,I go to the dr for medication , that's it I am untitled to any help support . I work Only 8 hrs a week can't manage anymore . Any help financial ,medical, emotional . Help please .
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split off from topic it had been attached to as on a different subject and retitled more relevantly.
Happy(jerky)feet
UKFM Member

Re: Support

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:43 pm

I've split this off from the topic you had attached it to as your post is on a different subject than what the original is about. I've also retitled it to something more relevant and moved it here where it will hopefully ring you some helpful replies.

Are you wanting to know what support could be available in your area, or are you looking for some more support from here, or a bit of both???

Wrt support from here, we can offer you emotional support and understanding based on what we have experienced, suggestions and advice about things that we have tried, such as meds, treatments and therapies. For access to info related to financial matters we can sometimes find linkys that may be helpful, same with the medical side of things. For what could be available in your area, your GP may be able to help with details, referrals etc, there may be groups who could put you in touch with agencies and organisations who could be of help, but the actual accessing of these services ultimately has to be done by you and those who may help you in your day~to~day things.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Happy(jerky)feet » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:13 pm

Thanks I think I will go back to my dr who is new to me and ask about referrals etc . I love the support your forum provides by the way , just need some hands on kind of help . Thanks
Happy(jerky)feet
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:31 pm

You could ask about seeing an Occupational Therapist or someone similar, they may be able to help with getting you access to equipment that could help with the day~to~day aspects of your life.

Depending on the sort of financial help you're looking for, there are people who can help with budgeting, debt repayment etc as well as reviewing what you have coming in and giving you an idea of what you could be eligible to claim.

As well as looking online as to who is in your area, there can be posters, leaflets etc in places like local churches, community centres, as well as being available from your local council.

When All Else Fails, Hug your Teddy xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi H(J)F I have read through the replies Flup has given and cant think of anything to add, I hope you can get some hands on support and we are always here to give a bit of moral support if you need it, we may not be able to give you real hugs but here are a few sent with fairy dust :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia