really bad rib pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

really bad rib pain

Postby bridesmum » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:45 pm

My baby grandson started with a tummy bug on sunday evening. I had seen him earlier in the day and I started with nausea an d vomiting monday afternoon. I hadn't eaten since 7am so only brought up horrible bile. I felt terrible and went to bed where I pretty much stayed until about 6pm last night. I still don't feel great and have little appetite, but the worst thing is the pain in my ribs. If I caugh or laugh I have to hold onto my ribs because it is so painful, I can't take a deep breath either. IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!! IT'S BAD ENOUGH FEELING ROUGH FROM A TUMMY BUG....BUT HAVING TO BE IN REALLY BAD PAIN SIMPLY FOR BREATHING IS TAKING THE P#&$$!!!!! :mrgreen:
bridesmum
UKFM Member

Re: really bad rib pain

Postby Carrie Nourse » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:58 am

Hi sorry to read you feel so rough but it sounds as if you have pulled your chest muscles from when you were being ill which is easily done. All I can say is you just rest (if possible) take mild painkillers and perhaps use a hot water bottle on your ribs and chest area to ease the pain and relax the muscles and you could use a cream like deep heat as this will help as well. I do know what this is like as I have costachondritis which is an inflammation of the chest wall cavity, its just an added complication of having fibromyalgia and when it flares up I use all of the above so give it a go.
Carrie Nourse
UKFM Member

Re: really bad rib pain

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:39 am

Awww hun it hurts dont it. i get that alot. go see the dr and get muscle relaxant ,i no how much it hurts pp was right u pulled the muscles between the ribs,it can take a few weeks to settle down.xxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia