legs

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

legs

Postby painprincess1 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:37 pm

Hello all, ll i no i said before but its my legs at night i can feel them going tight and even when there not tight they feel it. they throb and throb like i run up a hill.and its only from the knees down.i hate this ache .i did post about the flu type ache but no one replied so im not sure if its just me or the fibro :shock:
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: legs

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Sorry, didn't see the one you posted about the flu~type ache. If had done, I would have replied as I get a flu~like aching as well. For me it seems to be an indicator the the CFS side of things is starting to act up. It also rings a heavyness along with it, so moving around gets an extra element of fun added to it........NOT!! :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I also get feelings of tightness in various areas. When it strikes, the only thing I've found that does anything to ease the sensation in any way is rubbing/massaging the area.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Maria68 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi, yes I get leg ache too, especially at night and in the morning they feel wooded, its like walking through cement :-( I also have shooting nerve pain the my ankles that comes and goes throughout the day. I have been for x-rays and physio but all they can do is up my medication and say that they are doing all they can. My sympathies to you, its hard enough that we have to deal with aches and pains but when it affects legs and ankles it really affects independance.
Living the Dream :-) well some days I am
Maria68
UKFM Member

Postby daisies » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi I also have trouble with my legs. I get pain down the front of my shin. My GP has told me this is where all the muscles and tendons are joined to the bone, this keeps me up at night and I find it very painful to walk therefore have to use a stick. I also have trouble with the other leg which affects my Achilles Heal when I walk. This has been a problem for about 3 years now. I also have trouble with my hands which is getting worse my left hand especially find it very painful to use therefore have to use a splint.
daisies
UKFM Member

Postby frances A » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:31 pm

hello- yes, I get a lot of leg pain,& it feels as tho' I am wearing kneelength woolly socks! Also I get tight swollen legs- I have been left with deep red areas which itch like mad - when I told my dr he said 'mmm- they will' !! feet & legs so painful now great difficulty in walking, going out less & less.as I'm totally useless with a walking stick- danger to myself & everyone else !! :(
frances A
UKFM Member

Postby petareynolds » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:59 pm

I've just got out of hospital because my legs went weak and I couldn't even stand up, yet alone walk. They felt swollen and burning but to look at there was nothing. Didn't get any conclusions after three days in hospital because they assigned me to a gastro doctor so as I was managing to shuffle around with a rolator I went home and waited for an outpatient appointment to come... it did... six weeks away. Still none the wiser. Maybe I should have stayed in. I wonder if BUPA cover fibromyalgia stays in hospital... might have stayed if I'd had a private room!
petareynolds
UKFM Member

Postby dolphintara » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:03 pm

hi

I have a lot of leg pains , I have now got to see the trauma surgeon , just waiting for my appointment , I am on waiting list , they think its carpartment syndrome , but I think its just fm like everyone else , I wish that people that don't have this would have it for 1 day then they would understand we are not making it up , and our movements are restricted ,

good luck
dolphintara
UKFM Member

Postby gems87 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:46 pm

mostly at night and in the morning i have trouble with my legs. After being out a while today i now feel very stiff and sore, as if ive ran a marathon, it aches to even lift my foot towards my body
gems87
UKFM Member

Postby Dj 73 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:52 pm

I too suffer with what I still call 'growing pains' from the knees down the front on my shin, I also get these aches in my forearms! They're a problem both at night and day, sometimes they are so bad I'd quite happily amputate my limbs to stop it!
Dj 73
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:32 am

My legs and knees get very severe pain. I can relate to the tightness. I feel like if my legs were a laggy band I would stretch them out to the limits and then let them snap back. My Dr who has fibro said that is exactly how he describes it also.........

.....I really think that Arnica gel can help. It doesn't remove the pain completely but it will be a lot more comfortable.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Carrie Nourse » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:37 am

Hi everyone, just to say I have problems with my legs and ankles and I also get the pain down the front of my shins too. My legs ache especially at night time along with my swollen ankles regardless of how much or how little I have done and its a killer, I sometimes say to my other half I wish I had a saw to chop them off to get rid of the pain and so I end up taking pain killers to stop the pain and to rub ointment into my ankles which does help. I find my walking is limited now but having no car I have to walk to the train station and by the time I have got there my legs are good for nothing, it makes me wonder if I will end up in a wheelchair.
Carrie Nourse
UKFM Member

Postby gems87 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:31 pm

thanks for all the replies, After having a walk around the local dunnes stores ive had to lay in bed for an hour as my legs dont feel like my own, the bottom of my back is aching too. Have the heated blanket on as i find this help relax me. Thank god i dont have the swollen legs, i wouldnt want them any better due to carrying extra weight. I have a doc app again in 2 weeks and think ill get referred back to hospital to see if the consultant thinks im on right medication and correct amounts etc :(
gems87
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia