draining feeling

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

draining feeling

Postby gems87 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:55 pm

how to cope with this i donot know. Anyone get up get dressed maybe for exmple to visit parents, then by the time you are ready to go your whole body feels like every single ounce has been drained from it, a sweat comes on and alls you want to do is lay down. I find i get so physically tired im that anxious i then do not even want to attempt to go put incase i collapse :( this is getting me so down im spending moset of my days in bed when i should be out shopping and then going out to a nightclub like everyone else my age

where is the light at the end of this tunnel
gems87
UKFM Member

Re: draining feeling

Postby bekindtoyou » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:50 pm

Hi sorry you feel so rubbish and yes I have these feelings but I have found some relief for a few weeks when the fibro moves into another part of my body . I tend to get the sweats and overwhelming weakness when the fibro is in the top of my body. Example chest neck and head . I find not drinking hot drinks to help particularly caffeine drinks, they bring on unusual feeling like a little fire in my stomach and chest. Then sweats and restlessness . I too get clammy and exhausted and sometimes a bit sort of faint, it's like being in a hot room and wanting to get out. I also have learned to only wear thin layers and not stuff I have to lift over my head to reduce the energy loss and the heat increase when I am fighting with my jumper. Try to keep getting out tho and do things in small stages I've learned a lot from this forum about symptoms and how to manage them. I hope those people around you know how your feeling, and what a hard job your having. Take care if yourself and try to pace yourself. Kitt
bekindtoyou
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:28 am

yes love i get it to alot of us do.for myself i find doing nothing makes me worse.i i slowly move around the house maybe wash some dishes or put some washing in. its hard i feel dead but if i keep podding along for an hour i start to pick up.now don't get me wrong this does not work for everyone. and u really do have to push yourself to move. but for me it really helps.everyone is different so what works for one might not for others but what u got to lose.everything worth a try.i no at your age night clubs seem great but is it worth feeling so bad the next day.cant u just meet a few mate in the pub or ask a few round for a movie and a pizza. :-D you just have to make little changes if your mate are real mate they wont mind coming over to you. good scary movie and a pizza anit a bad night in xxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:51 am

painprincess1 wrote:yes love i get it to alot of us do.for myself i find doing nothing makes me worse.

i find it's the same for me, if I stop completely them it seems to drain what little reserves I have managed to retain. So, as I know that little bit of juice is going to be drained any way, it might as well be done so by me bobbling along and doing something a bit more useful with it.

painprincess1 wrote:i no at your age night clubs seem great but is it worth feeling so bad the next day.cant u just meet a few mate in the pub or ask a few round for a movie and a pizza. :-D you just have to make little changes if your mate are real mate they wont mind coming over to you.

I've been on my FibroQuest for over 13 years now, and this is the kind of thing we now do. Going somewhere with loud music, flashing lights and lots of people is a bit :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: for me, and fighting against FM under those sorts of conditions means there will only be one outcome.........FM seriously biting you on the bum :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Knowing that will happen and seeing what it's like when it happen, the true friends we have are more than happy to meet and catch up in other ways that don't have such a massive impact on how I can be.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby gems87 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:26 pm

thanks everyone, im so glad i have found this forum, its a release for me and i can talk openly to people who understand. Im a bit more positive today, in bed for an hour before i watch x factor lol, I went to the local dunnes stores today and mums for dinner and felt better than i did yesterday. what are your opinions on alcohol, how do yous find it and does it interfere alot the next day, i was going to try a little coors light to chill. Ive had a terrible headache today though which seems to be lifting :-D
gems87
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia