my brain keeps running away

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

my brain keeps running away

Postby Laney26 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:22 pm

hi guys ive been diagnosed with fibro about 4 years now, up to now i think ive been pretty lucky but the last month since i turned 30 ive had quite a few new horrible symptoms the one scaring me most is that my brain just feels like it is working at 100 miles an hour and i cant seem to be able to stop it does anyone else get this if so please let me know. the other things that have started happening are pins and needles in my hands am trying not to let it frighten me too much as this could make things worse. thamks so much for reading x
Laney26
UKFM Member

Re: my brain keeps running away

Postby choco9 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:37 pm

Lucky you,your brain is working;usually it is the other way round.
Pins and needles will come and go so don't worry too much about it.
How bad is the pain?
choco9
UKFM Newbie

Postby Laney26 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:01 pm

The pain seems to switch off when my brain goes into overdrive. I've also started to get pains in my calves I just don't know what has triggered this change its very scary x
Laney26
UKFM Member

Postby tracy dawn 75 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:21 pm

Hi, I have the same some times I really struggle with what im trying to say I get muddled up or forget what im saying,some days im concentrating on my pain when its bad I don't make sense it drives me insane its my friends and family I feel sorry for they have to work out what im on about :lol:
tracy dawn 75
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:02 pm

My brain never seems to run slowly, it's always raced but now it seems to be going faster and faster, Warp 9.9 compared to my body which struggles to manoeuvre with thrusters, Impulse power is but a hazy memory now :( :( :( :( :(

With these new symptoms Laney, have you been under any additional stresses, worries that could have triggered things off?? You might want to consider seeing your GP about things if they don't start to settle down soon.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Laney26 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:37 pm

thats the weird thing there was no trigger that i can think of, if it doesnt improve i will go see the doc thank u guys for replying to me i really appreciate it x
Laney26
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:02 pm

It could be something like the change in weather that is affecting you, quite a lot of us are sensitive to this and feel worse as it gets cooler, rainier etc :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Fibro Fi » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:24 pm

I have the same problem with my brain but it always happens at night! It just won't switch off! I've started to call them my insomnia nights. I don't sleep all night and then the next day is ruined too! They happening more frequently, about one night out of 10. I completely understand how frightening these new symptoms can be. I so wish there was an answer. I'm off to the Drs tomorrow to discuss my new symptoms but don't think there will be an answer though:( Do go to your GP though as its important that they know what's going on and it will help you to talk about it, fingers crossed. Good luck!
Fibro Fi
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:20 am

hehe yep my brain goes mad at night .i said in another post its like a mad women shouting things at me all night. i think of everything there is to think it gets stupid .i have gone through whole life times outta space and what would i look like as a zombie oh yes my brain should make a movie the crap it thinks of at night. mind u i think my brain is in outta space.maybe were all aliens hehe and our bodys dont fit. see what i mean i think pure grade A crap at night .
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Laney26 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:33 pm

hi guys i went to my gp yesterday i recently went up from 10mg to 20 mg and the doc thinks it could be that so i am back to 10 mg and it does seem much better thank god xxx
Laney26
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia