Napping in daytime

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Napping in daytime

Postby Wackers34 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:03 pm

this is another strange one from me...

Does anyone here have problems napping during the day? I just can't switch off. No matter how tired I am or how little I have slept night before I can't fall asleep during day

Any tips for this - I have tried what feels like everything

Come to think of it though, its a lifelong thing, way before fibro
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Re: Napping in daytime

Postby woodwasp » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:58 pm

same here dont matter how tired i am in the day just cant drop off then my head goes into overdrive just cant win :sleep:
woodwasp
UKFM Member

Postby plumbchick » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:35 pm

I wish I had this problem....mine is the opposite I can't stay awake in the afternoon...I could really do with staying awake during a lecture rather than nod off. I guess maybe its the medication we take that might either prevent you switching off or encourage sleepy nap times :)

I find as soon as I stop physically then the brain switches off :( I hope you guys find the rest you need Xxx
plumbchick
UKFM Member

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:39 am

I normally can't nap during the day but on occasions I can't stay awake for love nor money, trouble is I never know which sort of day I'm going to have till I get to that point where I could do with a nap x

BB Helen xx
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:03 am

i cant sleep in the day come to think of it i cant sleep at night to lol.my brain doesnt turn off.its like a mad women shouting things at me all the bloody time . :crazy:
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Nellyphant » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:35 am

Hypnotherapy. For the first time in my entire life it's not out of the ordinary for me not to get at least 5 hours solid at night and it helps switch my brain off during the day and relax properly.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby Jivebunnie » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi, I nap every day no problem. I had to reduce my hours at work as I could feel myself falling asleep at my desk & occupational health recommended a reduction in hours. I manage 5 hours work a day, get home at 3ish, straight to bed & sleep for 2.5 hours or until my husband comes home from work. Part of that will be down to the meds.

I have FMS & ME, the ME/CFS pain clinic recommended getting into a routine so I make sure I nap at the same time every day, even on holiday. It's not an ideal way of life but it's the only way I can cope.

Sometimes it's light sleep, mostly it's deep sleep. I rarely wake up naturally. I try and make sure I'm in bed by 11pm and am woken by my husband again at 6.30am. I do however have a dark bedroom & usually sleep with a pillow over my head for some reason. I have a memory foam mattress & snuggly duvet which I find helps enormously as does the cat purring next to me.

I do have problems at night though and have for years (before FMS & ME) when I can't switch off because my brain is 'wide awake'.

I couldn't manage a full time job and normal household jobs even on the medication (gabapentin & amitriptyline), now I'm on reduced hours, can't do the housework and have just been prescribed nefram in addition to the other meds.

Hope you can get the sleep you need

xx
Jivebunnie
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia