Muscles twitches/spasms

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Muscles twitches/spasms

Postby geo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:27 pm

Does anybody else get these? Like constantly?

I pretty much get the twitches for about 20seconds every 5 minutes or so. It can literally be any muscle on my body, from my calf, to my shoulder, to my eyelids. Then sometimes it's more than a twitch and it violently shakes around, which hurts, had this twice today in my bicep.

Ugh they are a pain!
geo
UKFM Member

Re: Muscles twitches/spasms

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:27 pm

I get them every evening and occasionally during the day, I call them my electric shocks or jolts it's the only way I can describe them, you've no warning no control they just happen, are these the same as yours?

BB Helen xx
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby Fibro Fi » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:53 pm

Mine are the same as Helen's. mostly at night unless having a very quiet still day then can feel them then as well. My GP didn't know what they were, bless her. She's a lovely caring Dr but doesn't seem to know much about this condition anyway. I take clonazepam for restless legs but that doesn't seem to do anything for the twitches. Good luck:)
Fibro Fi
UKFM Member

Postby Carrie Nourse » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:21 pm

Hi, yes I have the muscle spasms and the twitching to and some days it can be quiet and other days it can be non-stop. I cannot lift my legs up in the air now without them shaking quite violently and they jerk as well which is painful so now my doctor has arranged for me to see a neurologist in January as he says my legs should not be like that with fibromyalgia so he thinks there is something else going on.
Carrie Nourse
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia