dead/weak arm

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

dead/weak arm

Postby gems87 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:36 am

yesterday and today ive been having bother with my left arm, it feels weak compared to my right and i noticed it when i was driving and the second time i was having my nails done. When it starts to come round it begins to tingle, theres no soreness so more of an annoying sensation :-|
gems87
UKFM Member

Re: dead/weak arm

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:58 am

I'm a pins and needles in my hand sufferer I used to weight train but now I don't know I could lift the empty bar without dropping it :( it is so very frustrating, but with it I get a pain in my bicep that feels like it's trying to rip off the bone..... Hugs, this is truly a nasty illness x

BB Helen xx
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby teepee » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:51 pm

I am so glad I am not the only one who gets this, :-) . I always seam to get this feeling in my left arm. It starts with pins and needles and then goes dead, when it starts to come back to life it can be painful. :( Sometimes my right hand has pins and needles but does not loose the feeling in it. My worse sensation I have is a constant vibration or like a buzzing feeling, this runs all the way through my foot, from heel to the tips of my toes. So in a strange way its good to know that I am not alone with the strange goings on.
teepee
UKFM Member

Postby gems87 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:14 pm

so glad aswell that people are having same symptoms i was worried at a stage because of left arm/heart etc :?:
gems87
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:26 am

It was the loss of feeling in my arms that made my step mum think of F/M. It felt like they had ballooned to four times the size, then I'd look at my arm and see it normal size. It was weird. Some times, both my arms get affected but mostly my right one.

I also get a numbing around the back of my neck, down the middle of my upper spine, into the back of my head and around my jaw. Sometimes my tongue is effected too.

I also used to train with weights but now only use 1.5 kgs which I find hard work.

Take care, all.
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:06 am

Hugs I hear it there with the weights I've dropped from 72kg as my max to a bag of sugar I miss the bigger weights so much, x

BB Helen xx
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby binty » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:50 am

i often feel as if i have had a stroke... its the only way i can describe it, mainly in my right arm, its feels heavy, weak, numb almost and swollen but looks no different and then the tingling starts, i get it in my left arm as and sometimes my feet, it truly is horrible
binty
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia