help

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

help

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:49 pm

I no i have asked before.but does anyone get tinging anywhere i have it in the base of my neck and near shoulders,
sometime i get it in my head to.ive also had a few mouth ulcers and as i said a wired rash on my leg that looks buried :yikes:
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: help

Postby felinefine » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:07 pm

Hi

I mainly get tingly hands, pins and needles and numbness. Also have like a burning sensation in my upper back. I also have soreness on my scalp at times.

Wishing you better
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:18 am

painprincess1 wrote:I no i have asked before.but does anyone get tinging anywhere i have it in the base of my neck and near shoulders,
sometime i get it in my head to.ive also had a few mouth ulcers and as i said a wired rash on my leg that looks buried :yikes:

As you know im no doctor and any new symptoms need checking out by your GP but what i can say is that when your muscles are so stiff they can press on the nerves causing nerve pain, pins and needles and tingling. This can radiate around the muscle stiffness (some cases called trigger points)

Mouth ulcers could be many things from clenching teeth to being run down to an auto-immune disorder. Dentist can have a look as well as GP

The rash again could be anything from a reaction to something, a virus, hives to again an auto-immune disorder so you do really need to see GP
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby momabeareilene » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:05 am

painprincess1 wrote:I no i have asked before.but does anyone get tinging anywhere i have it in the base of my neck and near shoulders,

I do know what you mean. I have had epidurals in my neck and back, they help for a little while. A few months back i had a head ache for 7 weeks straight, had the numbness and tingling in my arms and hands, i had a epidural in the neck and it did help. I have the numbness and tingling all over my body at times, along with stiffness and pain that is unbelievable. I have had so many people to tell me this is all in my head and that makes me so mad, let them walk in our shoes for one day and they will won't us to take them back. I also suffer from Chronic Fatigue and this doesn't help matters any..It has got to the point that i have to go to a pain clinic once a month . I have tried therapy, Tens unit and you name it and i have just about tried it. Praying that someone would find something to help people like us. I can't sleep. I may sleep 2-3 hrs a night and that makes the pain, tingling and numbness even worse. Sometimes i feel like i'm going crazy. :crazy:
momabeareilene
UKFM Newbie

Postby coz1 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:23 am

HI PAINPRINCESS
Yes i got it all the time until after many meds the gp put me on pregabalin now it only once in a while.
the feeling i used to say was like lots of ants with sharp legs,i know that sounds weird but thats how it felt. :crazy:
its all the tiny nerves from the top of the spine and head.
Also check your pillows are not to high as you sleep it can make a difference with pressure to your neck and nerves.
good luck. :goodluck1:
coz1
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:02 pm

ty all. i have a pillow for my neck cost alot but did help me with neck probs. its not nice but im glad others have this as i was starting to worry about lupus but after reading all the thing them poor ppl get i dont think i have that thank the lord. :-D
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby andycrazy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:35 pm

I get it most of the time. It usually starts in my shoulders and moves down my arms to my hands. I loose a lot of feeling in my hands and they become clumsy - I call them club hands. This is especially so if my hands become cold or the temperature goes below 16 degrees.

andy
andycrazy
UKFM Member

Postby nannyogg » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:53 am

hi painprincess, yup I get that a lot! I thought for ages it was to do with my position - mainly seemed to be when I was seated - but now happens when standing too; it does always seem to be related to bending my neck, though. Doesn't have to be a particularly big movement.

It's usually like a mild, electric, static sensation; though occasionally it can give me short sharp (painful) shocks that shoot down my spine.

I call it the "hamster-taser" :D
nannyogg
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia