left arm pain coming from lump beside elbow?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

left arm pain coming from lump beside elbow?

Postby pinky1 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:28 pm

Anyone any idea what this could be. The lump is not on the outer elbow its more facing my body. The lump is sore tom touch, causing pain up to my shoulder and pain down my forearm and into my hands. Its so sore I could cry. I just wish it was morning and I could see my GP. sore and stiff to move. Anyone had anything similar. I've had 2 tramadol, 2 co-codamol and two ibuprofen. Don't want to touch naproxen as it gives me terrible indigestion and then I'll start convincing myself I'm having a heart attack :lol:
pinky1
UKFM Member

Re: left arm pain coming from lump beside elbow?

Postby rosiebee » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:48 pm

you poor thing!it could be myofascial pain?how big is the lump?
rosiebee
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:09 pm

With you already taking ibuprofen, don't add Naproxen to the mix as they are both NSAIDs and should not be taken together. If they are, it can lead to increased risk of serious gastrointestinal events, such as the development of bleeding ulcers, as well as a higher risk for NSAID~related toxicity.

I really wouldn't like to have a guess at what it could be. You really need to see or speak to someone about it. Have you considered contacting something like NHS Direct to see if they have any suggestions about what it could be, or any ideas as to what you could do to help ease things. This is the Linky to the site.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby frances A » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:09 am

hi- please, what is myofascial pain as I have hardly been able to use my right arm for 2 weeks & pain is so sharp wrist to shoulder ?
frances A
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:54 am

Frances......
Do you see your Dr tomorrow? I am just giving a guess here at the two things that come to mind I have seen in family members,. Tendinitis of the elbow and gout. I hope you can get to the Dr soon as you sound like this is very annoying. Let us know how you get on. I am curious also because hubby has been dealing with tennis elbow for 3 years and they will not allow him to work.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby pinky1 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:04 pm

just back from Docs. Its tennis elbow I was offered more naproxen or diclofenac or celebrex. But all of them give me terrible indigestion. I got some piroxicam gel and i bought a cuff. I can't believe how painful it is. My doctor wants me to come back in 2-3 weeks if its not easing so we can see about steroid injections :-?

Thanks for the advice, yeah fluffy I wouldn't take 2 NSAIDS together

x
pinky1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia