how did your fibro come on ??

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

how did your fibro come on ??

Postby lala1980 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi all I hope u dont mind me asking how quickly or slowly did your symptoms come on and did they come on gradually at 1at a time for all of them at once ?? Also can u have it intermittently?

The only reason im asking it I cant seem to find info about it im just Im really thinking it is fm but obviously im not sure only the docs can say that I know

my symptoms come on and off for meny years 7-8 Years seems to have gone up ten folds Since the birth of my 3rd child nearly 6 weeks ago I had a really bad time of it at the end but it was damned hard at the end of my pregnancy. Im not sleeping when ive tended to baby Its so bad it all kick off about 2 years ago I had erin and she sleep through Form about 2 weeks old so I so I could sleep but I didnt sleep well atoll it seemed to be form then that my symptoms was so gradually i did even noticed that my mobility Is quite week and ive stop doing things over the last 5-6weeks has been a nightmere I just wont to feel normal again sorry I know thats just how u all feel im take my hats off to all of u with fibromyalgia and how brave u all are not just about the fm but seeking medical attention And seeing it through Well done ☆★ :clap:
If you smile then the world is a better place :-)
lala1980
UKFM Member

Re: how did your fibro come on ??

Postby Catherine3442 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:58 pm

Mine came on gradually, then kick me in the behind for good measure.
Catherine3442
UKFM Newbie

Postby lala1980 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:30 pm

Thank u for getting back to me ha I think thats what I wanted to say lol

Any more info from anyone else will be great I know its s*** ive only felt really bad over this very short of 6 weeks so I do appreciate All xxx
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby Diane64 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi there..

Sorry to hear you are having a crap time, hope you feel better soon, are you on any medication?

Mines started with a constant pain in my shoulder and elbow, this went on for months, then other symptoms came creeping in, so many that it overwhelmed me a bit, after about 18 months of suffering with this and that i wrote a LONG list of what my symptoms were and gave them to my Doctor, that was the first step of it actually being recognised by Gp that it was fibro.

Im on a cocktail of meds that keeps everything at bay to an extent, i have good days and bad but pretty much still active and work full time even tho it feels like some days i have been pumelled by a boxer i try to just take it in my stride as best i can..
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby felinefine » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:01 pm

I had flare ups for quite a while, and the GP fobbed me off, then referred me to Rheumatology my hand were a big problem then pins and needles numbness, pain in legs and arms, I was diagnosed beginning of this year. As I say it was intermittent with better times in between. Since my Stroke in July it is now constant, and getting worse, Legs, arms, wrists, ankles, ribs and even sole of my feet.

I think it does not follow a set path for any of us, we are all suffering different pains, levels etc hope this helps .....
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby lala1980 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:53 pm

Oh thank u it does help. Xx Tonight im a having alot of pain in my hip i cant walk never been this bad..well what ever it is its not normal for a 33year old thank you again xx
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby Carrie Nourse » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:38 am

Hi my fibro started properly and was diagnosed in 2004 after falling into a wheelie bin trying to get 1 bag of rubbish from the bottom, but when I think back over the years when I was 27 after having my 1st child I was having problems with holding my son who was born in 1989 as it was hurting my arms and shoulders and I found the pain in my arms worse when pushing his pram where they would just ache and become painful. I had my 3rd child and still had all the problems but the worse was falling asleep when she was indoors with her little friends I would sit and watch them and suddenly fall asleep only to have my daughter wake me up again so that part was dangerous so having the trauma of the wheelie bin it brought it out into the open.
Carrie Nourse
UKFM Member

Postby lala1980 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:10 pm

Thank u for replying it funny u should say about holding baby I Feel like ive been pulling wrights after ive feed him and put him down for his sleep I cant cross my legs or I have alot of pain, pins and needles anway sorry I moaning again lol.. Im off to the doc on tuesday with my long list of symptoms I do have a lovely doc so im really hopeing she will here me out im not sure to just say about fibromyalgia or not ??
Im on diclofenec not that I take it that much doent help and 30/500 paracetamol and codeine That helps with my head and does take the edge off but I dont wont to get addicted so I try not to take to often ta x sorry long post xxx
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby Butterfly8588 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:20 am

Hi Lala,
I dont know if you're still interested in replies but thought I'd throw mine in anyway! I thought mine initially came on straight away, i woke up with agonising pain in my face on the right side, which slowly spread to the left and i went from there. That was over 4 years ago and I've slowly learnt that i had an awful lot of symptoms of fibro before the really bad pain flared up. For example i had a lot of growing pains, extremely clumsy and very very tired. I used to struggle to get up for school no matter how much or little sleep I'd had. To be honest in my last 2 years it was rare i was at school before lunchtime, i always missed the first 2 lessons at least.
It all seemed to get worse from puberty for me and then at 18 i ended up with a bout of Bells Palsy and i never really recovered from it with weird pains. Then at about 20 (before my birthday of that year) i got the pain in my face mentioned above and off i went.
Have you been to your doctor yet? What did they say?

Take Care xxx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:22 am

Hi I think mine started after nasty laryngitis after a really nice holiday. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:56 am

I had an accident at work, head and neck injury. The pain never left but quickly took over my whole body. I would say by the time the small fracture healed I didn't know because I was still in excruciating pain.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby lala1980 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:04 pm

Hi yes im still interested ;)) thank you for your inputs it just go to we are all different.... and the fibro come on in different and depending on happens in our life that brings this on I also think it could lay doormat and smptoms trickle out So maybe its always been there in a Mild from. Thats just my thoughts xx
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi Lala , i think I must have had a predisposition to FM but it was moving along in the back ground with the odd problem here or there, then I fell at work , nothing overly dramatic but enough to give me a sore back and the rest they say is history. I have been in constant pain & fatigue since and have recently had to leave work . saying that my former employer does not accept that the trauma of the fall had anything to do with my FM getting to what is present level.

Arthritis care in some of its leaflets state that trama can be one of the factor in contributing to the start of FM but I can't find any research literature on the subject does anybody else know of any ?

Hope you are feeling a little better today Lala and are able to enjoy your little one
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby a.lyndon » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:15 pm

Hi,
Thinking back, I think mine started about 19 years ago after having my 1st child. Started getting hip pain but just carried on for the next 7 years when I finally went to GP. Was fobbed off. Struggled with fatigued but thought it was a family thing.

I was involved in a car accident last year and pains and fatigued gradually got worse. GP still not interested so went privately and was diagnosed in Feb this year. Symptoms still progressively getting worse and now when I get flare ups I'm usually using a stick.

We are all different and are suffering in different ways. No two people seem to be affected the same.

I'm taking Amytriptaline 20mg soon to go up to 50mg cause not working properly yet, and Co-codamol for pain.

Hope you feel a bit better soon. It's difficult when you've got young ones.

Ally xx
a.lyndon
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:13 pm

My symptoms started after I had to have my gallbladder taken out.

I think it wasn't just the surgery but also the stress of not knowing what's hurting for ages before that and then the complications and job worries after. Since then I've also been told that I have a bulging disc in my neck (which shouldn't cause trouble but I think it does because of my symptoms), a damaged disc in my lower spine and a slipped vertebra. I'm waiting for an appointment to see a spinal surgeon, hoping to get enough relief to be able to work again. That might just be a dream but it's all there is right now even with those hurting joints that started in my shoulders and now it's everywhere.

It does make me wonder how it's all connected, everyone has a different trigger but the symptoms are so similar or even the same..
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia