pain in buttocks!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pain in buttocks!

Postby bridesmum » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:50 pm

For the last 3 months I have had horrible pain right at the top of my legs and buttocks. The pain is on both sides and into my bottom. It is made worse by sitting on an upright chair and the only relief is taking seriously strong painkillers and a hot water bottle. Does anyone have any advice and is it purely down to fibro? I have had fibro for the last 10 years and this is a pain I haven't experienced before. It isn't a stabbing or sharp pain, it's more of a sore deep aching pain.
bridesmum
UKFM Member

Re: pain in buttocks!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:01 am

With anything new, different/changing, or just giving general cause for concern, it's always best to have it checked out as, whilst it may be FM~related, it could also be down to something completely different and need additional or different treatment to sort it out.

I have a deep aching pain at times, mostly in my legs, but it also affects my arms at times. For me, it's an indicator that CFS rather than FM is flaring and that I need to bring Plan B online to try and make getting thru it a little easier......hopefully :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Janet Poole » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:49 am

Hi. . I have exactly the same problem and only get an hour or so sleep a night I'm told its sciatica . . It literally is a pain in the butt. . X x
Janet Poole
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:08 am

i have pain down my bum both sides and down the top of my legs its to do with my back.siting makes its worse and sometimes all i can do is lay there at night till it eases or take pills.sciatica try looking that up see if u have itxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby bridesmum » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:19 pm

Thanks for your replies. I had sciatica when I was pregnant with my first child 27 years ago. It only affected my right side and the pain went right down my leg. This doesn't radiate down my legs although my feet feel a bit weird when my bottom pain is bad! I feel like I need to sit on a hot water bottle for the pain to ease a little.
bridesmum
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:44 am

If it feels like the bones in your bum and lower spine are aching/bruised, then, yep, suffering that myself for the last couple of weeks, first time in 2 years that particular pain has bothered me.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:42 pm

hi hun just wanted to say my sciatica does not go down to my feet ,so it still could be.that or its arthritis.xx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby bridesmum » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:10 pm

Went to see my gp this morning as the pain is getting worse not better. She gave me a thorough examination and said she was stumped! It's not sciatica but she thinks it might be referred pain from my hips. She sent me to our local cottage hospital for x-rays of my hips and lower back. The results should be back in 7 to 10 days so fingers crossed it's something that czn be treated. She offered me Tramadol as my dihydracodeine isn't effective but Tramadol makes me feel horrendous so I declined.
bridesmum
UKFM Member

Postby relf1960 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:21 am

My pain in my lower body went from hips. To hips n back, to hips back n buttocks. Im getting sharp pains in my back whenever i try n move, n my buttocks feel like im being kicked in them, especially the right side. But worse still im suffering with a cough, though not too bad thankfully, but every tiny cough i make my back jolts n its like lightening going thru my buttocks. Its worse when in bed, and i cant move without me cryng out cus the pain either. Ive not yet been to docs, i will try n get in. I didnt think it was sciatica cus the pain is only between my knee and ankle on the outside of my leg n only when in bed. Any clues?
relf1960
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:00 am

I find that sitting on one of my electric pads is lovely and soothing for my buttocks pain. Hope yours starts to ease soon. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:20 am

Bridesmum...I am glad you went to the Dr. If it gets worse before you see her give the office a call to go in. It could be many things. My friend had the same pain as you describe and it turned out to be an internal issue. She could not sit on a chair it was terrible.

Hope things feel better soon
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby leakaycra » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:45 pm

hi
I also suffer with a pain like this and after investigations including a operation to investigate further it turned out to be a loose coaxis (hope i have spelt it right ) unfortunately there isn't alot that can be done i was told that i could have this removed but there was no gaurantee that this would cure the pain and discomfort
leakaycra
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia