funny fingers

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

funny fingers

Postby animeemo3 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:08 am

Hi, yet another question. Been doing a bit of googling but nothing helpful so far. It's hard to explain so I'll use an example. If I hold a plate in one hand for about 30 seconds, then remove the plate with the other hand, the hand that was holding the plate originally will be completely stuck. Fingers locked into position, cannot move the fingers unless I use the other hand the move the stuck fingers. The muscles will be completely locked on every finger, and when I get them to move, the movement is juddery, like an bending an ice pole. Anyone had this, or thoughts on this?
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Re: funny fingers

Postby Garyl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:24 am

I Get what is called Trigger finger one of my fingers on right hand bends till it is touching the palm and locks there, have to straighten it with my left hand was scary the first time it happened.

Just check with the doctor, my main problem with my hands, is the constant pain 24/7 so it is a common thing
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:40 am

Funny you should mention this about your fingers because I've been having trouble with mine and trying to explain to the doctor what is happening is a nightmare.

Mine is on a morning and then on certain finger threw the day, on a morning my fingers are as stiff as bricks and then they slowly start working but my finger next to my thumb never seems to want to work all day it like a robot getting going.

All the doctor doctors and say leave it till you appointment with the Rheumoloygist . But all he says it all to do with the osteoarthritis and when i had a scan he said i had osteoarthritis in my hands.

May be that's what you have got. But defo go back and see your doctor or if not ask you doctor to send you for a scan on your hand's..

I just learning and adapting to mine.

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:04 am

yep i have probs with my fingers i even had xrays.was the fibro.in the morning i can hardly move them .the same as you when i do they move like a robot bit by bit .and there weak.sometimes they puff up to.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Bridgitte » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:13 pm

I get crampy fingers and hands all too easily as well, often when I'm holding a mug etc, I try and put it down but my fingers won't release as they have seized up and I have to try and prise them open; painful, and often followed by pins and needles. There are also occasions when the skin on the palm of my hands become so translucent that I can see all the ins and outs of the veins, fatty lumps etc. :yikes:
It would be worth trying to get the rheumatologist to have an ultra-sound scan done on your hands to test for arthritis in your hands as well although Fibromyalgia isn't likely to show up on it. With mine it showed MCP swelling is one finger, possibly with arthritis to come, FM is my main problem for seizing up.
Good luck. :-)
Bridgitte
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia