Numbness of left thigh

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Numbness of left thigh

Postby SeaHorse1 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Hi does anyone else get numbness of their outer thigh/leg, My left thigh feels numb - a bit lke your face feels after a trip to the dentist. It has been like this for 3-4 days now. I also have a pain in my left groin, it is worse when sitting on an upright chair, eases a bit when I apply heat or lay down. My leg also fels a bit weak a lot of the time. Is this part of fibro?
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain
SeaHorse1
UKFM Member

Re: Numbness of left thigh

Postby wendy10 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:00 pm

yes get this all the time even private bits feel a bit numb... i suffer terible with left 1 get pocket of fluid trapped between hip bone and muscle too..
wendy10
UKFM Member

Postby shihan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:09 pm

I have the same problem but in my right thigh, after consulting my rheumatologist, it was found to be the one nerve that goes across the thigh rather than up and down it(forgotten the name for it), it was down to my gabapentin but after time I git used to it and left it alone
shihan
UKFM Member

Postby tashnella » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi I too have numbness in my left thigh, had it for a few years now, had injections in it but didnt do anything, I'm on gabapentin too does gabapentin make it worse? Also been called in for atsos medical, been really poorly since the letter arrived, do you think it's the stress of the impending medical that makes fibro worse?
tashnella
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:25 pm

Hia everyone I also get numbness but in outer right thigh but before that happens I get a short sharp pain in the area! Eek!! Went to gp he said due to my slipped/bulging disc its a trapped nerve in back I am also on pregablin re: atos stress defo makes fibro worse!!! Try and stay as calm as u possibly can hun may b ask them to cum to u as ur having a flare up?? Try + take it steady hun xxxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby Tracie » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:11 pm

I have this feeling but goes with me it's not for long,mainly at night as if been lying on hip but I have not it is very odd sensation,sometimes it can happen in day but as I say mainly at night when am in bed.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia