Nail problems

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Nail problems

Postby Wackers34 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:24 pm

This might sound a little trivial, but im wondering if anyone is in the same boat...

Recently I have started to notice a few things - one is that my fingertips have a prune like appearance, a bit like they have been submerged in water for a long time....but this is all day long! Its only just started - could this be the damp weather?

Also - does anyone elses nails split and peel a lot? My half moons are only evident on my thumbs and big toes and seem to have disappeared on all other digits - could this show protein deficiency?

Wondered what everyone elses nails and fingers were like :o)
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Re: Nail problems

Postby djgs » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Have all the things you mentioned, infact haven't got any of the half moon things at base of nail, I forgot they were supposed to be there
djgs
UKFM Member

Postby Wackers34 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:02 pm

do you have the prune like fingertips? I asked my homeopath to look into what this could mean...I do have low protein in my blood tests, so was wondering if it might be that?
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Postby frances A » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:21 pm

hi- strangely I found the nail post reassureing as four several years my nails have become a nightmare - splitting, peeling, breaking-you name it ! to find I'm not alone is a comfort !
frances A
UKFM Member

Postby TATT » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:16 am

My nails were splitting so I bought from amazon a nail cure called Malava and I put it on three times a week. Three months on nails are lovely and strong. But one nail my thumb has started a ridge, this I don't think anything can change. Again I hear a lot of fibromates say they have this : (
TATT
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia