One for the Moderators

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

One for the Moderators

Postby TATT » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:06 pm

I have often wondered if there is a pattern to the way the members use this forum.

Like before and during a diagnosis and learning to accept try new drugs, I think we all use this forum a lot. But like myself I am always checking in but not needing to feel part of it as much as before. My question to our moderators is do you see a pattern of people returning after 1-2 or more years?

If so maybe we could start a new topic for old timers who may want to talk about their life now, how it's changed, what their flares and remissions are like, the drugs they try or just talk about their feelings. Maybe it's just me but I would like to check in with others about stuff around my new life with FM. How I have now good days and how I am managing them. Anyway completely diverted there. Sorry.

So basically do you see members from years ago still around or do they never return, if so I wonder why?

TATT x
TATT
UKFM Member

Re: One for the Moderators

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:51 pm

Anyone can feel free to do a topic on there fibro journey and how things are today.

We do have the odd member returning here and there and thats mainly because they need support or advice which is why we are here :-D

Everyone uses the forum differently.

Some use it just to read up on information and not post
Others come for help with symptoms as they think they have fibro
Many who have just been diagnosed pop in and ask for advice
Alot like to be here as its the only place were everyone understands how it is for us.
Some like to join us daily for a social network and to help/support others with there knowledge and experiences
Lots of people pop in when there in need of help and advice or need some friendly support.
Then we have research teams for universities that pop in from time to time

Members and even moderators have *time off* as even tho we all like to help one another there is times we need to concentrate on ourselves and family and personal matters but we do find that only a few memebers really go off forever.

As you can see it varies.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:34 pm

I agree with Lisa we have seen members returning a couple of years down the line, one thought they were 'cured' and was ecstatic only to return after a couple of years ( so she had done really really well) after she went into a huge flare.

We mods tend to stay as we are here every day (even Christmas day) albeit for different lengths of time etc. We had a huge surge of members earlier in the year when we hit a new highest amount of members on the forum at the same time. Its always very interesting when old members return as its good to hear their fibro journeys and some great advice with what helped them
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:51 pm

Not really much more I can add to what Lisa and Denys have already said. Members tend to use the forum in the way that suits them best, be it just reading, or occasionally posting, or becoming an active regular.

It is interesting when someone returns after being off here for a while, as they have often had a bit of an adventure. Sometimes it will be :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: At other times it will be a bit on the :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: side and at times it may have had them :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: But each one usually has something that can make a difference to someone else.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby TATT » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:19 pm

Thank you for replying, I think that's what I am looking for, I want to hear from the people that have had this drudgery for years. I want to hear their stories and pick their brains, ever so gently though.

I saw the post Denys from the lady who had thought she was cured. At least she had some time off free of FM. I will put up a post and se what happens.

Thx
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:36 pm

Exactly and it gave others hope that they too might have periods of remission, hope you get some answers that will help :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia