pain in the neck

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pain in the neck

Postby Wackers34 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi all

For a few months now, but perhaps the last week or so ive noticed it more, is a really horrid pain on left side of my neck / head...I know there is a sensitive spot right where the head meets the neck, but this feels more like its on bottom of my head...I have tried massaging it with a tennis ball, but the pain of this is excrutiating, when I press on it, actually makes me feel a little sick...I had an MRI in October, but didnt show anything suspicious there...do you think its just a job for a massage therapist? Does this sound familiar?

Its also where i get the strange clunking noises I have mentioned before...my head and neck are in sme sort of painful spasm perhaps?
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Re: pain in the neck

Postby wendy10 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:43 pm

hi.. i have bad neck/head pain but my mri showed bulging discs which cuase the pain.. but what i find helps is make sure its only 1 flat pillow you sleep with and see if you can get diazepan for night time to relax the muscles why you are a sleep.. i did find this helped... hope you find something x
wendy10
UKFM Member

Postby Magrat » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:53 pm

hi , i too have bulging discs in my neck. i would never ask for diazepam as it's very addictive.
Magrat
UKFM Newbie

Postby Wackers34 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:04 pm

would a head MRI show this though or would I need neck for that? How do you help bulging discs, if that is what it is? Ive tried Diazepam in past and currently have tamezepam for sleeping
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:50 pm

I would suggest you talk to your Dr again. When I have had a head MRI it actually showed the neck as well.

You really need your Dr to answer your question. You will go crazy thinking it could be something that one of us have. It is never good to try and self diagnose or treat an issue.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Wackers34 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:28 pm

yeah i know - im back at docs again tomorrow with my little girl about a separate issue, so might just mention it to him then.

I guess if it was anything major it would have been picked up on the MRI, which makes me thin its a nerve / muscle thing
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Postby Annie agony » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:01 pm

I have suffered neck problems along side Fm, after 2 MRI scans I have got bulging discs. After been messed around for a long time, my new gp has been great, and one month ago I had nerve root injections in my neck to help with the pain. It worked great although now I feel it's wearing off a little. Keep going back to your doctors and push for help you deserve.
Annie agony
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Dont be surprised if your doc refuses to talk about your problem during an appointment for you little girl, you may have to make another appointment to discuss it with him
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Wackers34 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:46 pm

thanks Denys - yeah ive done that before and got told I don't do buy one get one free! the cheek...i have made appointment directly after
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:52 pm

Brilliant, saves you getting told off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia