Where is your pain?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Where is your pain?

Postby Picklepudding » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:59 pm

Does your pain move or is it mainly in one place? I get pain that moves but also a constant pain in my hip. It's been there constantly for months. I had it xrayed and all they found was minimal osteoarthritis and a partial sacrilisation but the rheumy said that the hip pain was from the fibro. It just feels like its in the bone and as it's constant I was just wondering whether it could possibly be the fibro? I limp badly now and can't walk for more than a couple of minutes without being in agony. I'm only 38 and feel like I'm 88!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Re: Where is your pain?

Postby Garyl » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:16 pm

My pain is mainly hands arms and feet,the hands is worse as effects my sleep pattern not had a good night for a few years now
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby Smurfy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:29 pm

Hi, I too get unbearable pain in my right hip, like a nagging bone pain. I have a spinal stenosis but my hip xrays were clear! My consultant says its the Fibro. Have you tried co-codamol its the only thing that helps a little. :-D
Smurfy
UKFM Member

Postby libbiek30 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:31 pm

I get hip pain but it's not all the time. Mine is mainly hands,feet and knees. I had acupuncture it really helped with the pain and I was referred by my gp. Hope that helps :-)
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:18 am

My hip pain is my constant one, everything else moves. I've been checked over thoroughly but my hip, lower back, leg and pelvic area are all in perfect condition, so it's fibro pain alright. It feels bone deep, and it almost never goes away.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby cnedra73 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:31 am

I have constant pain in my left hip which will vary in the degree of pain I feel. The pain clinc has informed me it found be a bursitis on my hip which means a trip to hospital & an injection into my hip under anesthetic in theater. But it can appear again so not sure I want to go through that especially as I'm in the middle of studies which include placement.
I also have a lot of pain in my shoulders which increase at night & can wake me at night. The rest are pain that are there at certain times during the day or when I do too much.
Just the life of a fibromite
cnedra73
UKFM Member

Postby Wackers34 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:39 am

i seem to get the same dominant pain for months at a time. At first was my thighs which would kill me everyday, that has gone away completely, now its my neck and shoulder, constantly for months...all the other pains move around - forearms, back, calves, my hands and feet are usually ok - but get wrist pain, also IBS pains which flare up from one week to next
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:50 pm

I'm in constant pain and have areas that randomly hurt more than others. These areas can be like this for a few mins, a few hours, or for a number of days or weeks. There's no pattern to how they appear, and there isn't usually an external cause, just a new bit of me that is hot and throbbing marking it's presence on the HurtyMap that my body seems to have developed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whoami » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Pickle....I have terrible pain in my hips also. As I have said before, one of my Dr's who runs a pain clinic also has fibro. He said that hip pain is the most common pain in fibro. He also said hip pain does not respond well to treatment....great!!!

Hip pain is with me constantly. Leg and knee pain is along with it lately. Seems to be constant. Neck, shoulder and hands are next on the list.

Quite often..Arnica Gel...helps after a hot bath.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:24 pm

i get pain hads feet and shoulders and back of the neck . but yes it does move around.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Tracie » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:38 pm

Pain is all over body hips,back neck,upper left are, and shoulder is bad and agony with hips and back, I have noticed it moves around but hips and back pain is all time.at the moment I am in pain all the time
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby fletch » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:14 pm

I'm another with hip pain but my pain moves around like now its my back and ankles plus neck
fletch
UKFM Member

Postby TATT » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:48 am

My pain is same as Fluppypuffy, all over at different times different severity. No pattern at all
TATT
UKFM Member

Where is your pain?

Postby Picklepudding » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:27 am

Thanks everyone for your replies. It looks like this hideous hip pain is due to the fibro after all. This condition sucks :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Postby SopsIsTops88 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:52 am

The worst pains I have are in my neck, shoulders, arms, legs and feet. Those seem to be constant and bug me everyday. The neck pain is by far the worst as I have had that constantly for a year and a half. My knees are bad occasionally too, along with lower back and chest pains. These ones seem to come and go more often. I hope you find some relief for the hip pain, no doubt I'll experience it one day.

Big but gentle hugs x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SopsIsTops88
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia