In Remission

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: In Remission

Postby andycrazy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:48 am

I agree with the others dealing with FM is a learning curve, that can be steep at times. At least your husband is trying to keep you positive about it. Sadly none of us will get better neither will FM go away, but I find having a positive attitude to it does help and it reduces the number of dark days that I have. Pacing onself can be difficult sometimes and now I have developed the attitude that if I feel like doing something I will do it and suffer the consequences the next day - usually it is worth it. I'm in the middle of having a few bad days (having to hit the tramadol for the pain and I have only had a few fours sleep in the last three days) but I am still managing to do little things though they take a lot longer to do.

I too dont think we ever get remission with FM there are days when we just cope better with it. Learn to cherish the good days and when you are in the darkness try thinking about the memories of the good days and doing something similar again when you have anyther good day. I find it helps stop the darkness descending and may help lift your spirits. Hope this helps.
andycrazy
UKFM Member

Re: In Remission

Postby TATT » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:46 am

Kitchens are best for dancing Tony, as the floors are always smooth. A bit like myself for four minutes every now and then :lol:

Whoami, thx I understand what your saying and fibro does not define me but, it does determine my life. I don't know from one minute to the next what I am going to be able to do. Nor can I be relied on, particularly with getting out and seeing friends and family. Fibro controls my life, I am just learning to manage that and the pain and fatigue.

TATT x
TATT
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia