Tender scalp

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tender scalp

Postby JRMT » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Hi, I seem to be suffering from a sore, tender scalp, it hurts when I brush my hair and have to be very gentle when washing it. Usually straighten it but it gets worse then. Its like my head's been sunburnt! Anyone else suffering from this, as I am assuming this is part of fm and not something completely different!! :(
JRMT
UKFM Member

Re: Tender scalp

Postby glpears » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Yeah, I get this all the time. Sometimes the shower even hurts my head so much that I have to wash my hair with a jug of water that I can pour over gently instead. Skin sensitivity is one of my worst symptoms. I wish I could say I know how to make it better but I've no idea xX
glpears
UKFM Newbie

Postby Purplepig » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:52 pm

I've also had same and feel as though lots more hair coming out when brushing :yikes: :pull-hair: :pigoink 1:
Purplepig
UKFM Member

Postby JRMT » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:00 pm

Yeah Purplepig i'm the same, lots more hair to fish out the drain after a shower :crazy:
JRMT
UKFM Member

Postby Libby Clark » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:03 pm

Thanks for posting this, I had Shingles in my hair last year, it was horrible and this last few weeks my scalp has been very tender.
I was worried that the Shingles was kicking in again, sigh of relief, if it's FM well I can deal with it easier than the shingles.
I tired changing shampoo etc , no difference.
Libby Clark
UKFM Member

Postby Andyp » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:28 pm

Yes, I get this as well. When I went to see Osteopath last year, one of the first things that they asked was whether I'd ever had Meningitis (which I haven't) as my scalp was/is really tight.
Andyp
UKFM Member

Postby mabo2stay » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:56 am

Hi,
I have a very tender scalp and loads of hair falls out when I bathe or wash my hair.
My scalp is so tender that if I have noticed there is one area that has a couple sore lumps that hurt and bleed if I scratch my head and sometimes when I brush my hair.
I sometimes get a tingling feeling all over my scalp too. Any ideas on how to help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. X
mabo2stay
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia