Guardian Article - new research

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Guardian Article - new research

Postby KellyBelly » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:08 pm

Hi all,

My apologies - I don't often stop by these days but I've just been sent this article and I think it makes an interesting read:

http://guardianlv.com/2013/06/fibromyalgia-mystery-finally-solved/

I get terrible hand pain, so much so that the career I once loved (I was a musician) had to be stopped as I could no longer move my fingers with the dexterity I once had. This could explain a hell of a lot and hopefully lead to some new treatment options for us.

Another middle finger to those who tell us "it's all in your head"!

What do you all think?
KellyBelly
UKFM Member

Re: Guardian Article - new research

Postby TATT » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:27 pm

Hi KellyBelly,

Thanks for posting that, yes I do feel this has some truth. My hand pain started very early and I now get a quick wave of like a mild electric shock felt in my hands when I hear a bang or something on the telly comes on. Like a gunshot or something tense. It's like there is a mechanism that alerts or flushes through my hands only during stress.

Feeling very tired as been posting a bit. What do you think ?

TATT x
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby linda3719 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Very interesting article - lets hope there is some kind of relief for suffers soon. My hands also are very painful get pins and needles a lot, plus cramp in whole hand which is horrid.

Had a really bad few weeks - sleeping a lot, and my feet and legs have swollen to major proportions lol. Cannot manage to get out much
so lets all hope that some different effective treatment is on its way soon!

Thanks for pointing article out,

Take care

Linda x x x :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
linda3719
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:51 pm

Lets hope there right , and we can get our lives back oneday. And in the mean time have the respect we desever knowing at last its real to the rest of the world .Also suffers can claim instead of battling for every penny.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:20 pm

This one has been posted before would be interesting to read about any progress they have made :!:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia