moving house

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

moving house

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:59 pm

so this week im packing and sorting and throwing things out ,as im moving i have waited 3 years to get a house so im really happy to be going.but im dreading it to.got it all painted and carpets and beds go in Thursday but still need to look round for curtins and bed sheets.its all the running about then the move.
i just hope it dont set off another flare as im in one atm that is pretty bad for me.
its only five miles from the town and about 8 from my mum and il have to get used to being alone most of the time.x
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: moving house

Postby fuzzyhead130 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi pain princess,
This is what I do when something big is heading my way that can not be avoided.
The move is going to happen so right a priority list,things that have to be done for you to be comfortable eg/make up and make your bed ,get electronics plugged in Tv/ fridge and freezer.
Anything else that as this point you do not need for your comfort leave for the mo.
Believe it or not your body will get through the move ,but you need to plan the after.
Once your creature comforts are in you then need to give your self time out,crash,sleep.you don't say if you work.sleep after the move is going to be a priority for you to recover,make sure you get it.
Boxes of CDs ornaments are not vital to live,empty these boxes in the coming months when you feel better ,maybe with some friends to help and some nibbles and bottle of wine.
Don't feel guilty that by midnight on day of move you don't have a show house for all to see.
Good luck with the move and make sure you rest after
Fuzzyhead130 xxxxxxxx
fuzzyhead130
UKFM Newbie

Postby felinefine » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:50 pm

Hi Pain princess

Congratulations on your move, and I wish you all the best !

Please just pace yourself and listen to your body, to not push it over its limit and as fuzzyhead130 says if you don't have a show house do not worry about it. You have lots of time to settle in.

Happy moving Hun xx
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:51 pm

I agree with Fuzzyhead, take your time.

Have as much help as you can. Make things easy.

I always think that the beds and the bathroom set up is important. You need a good nights sleep and a warm bath the first night just to help relax.

Try to have all the basics , kettle etc in your car so it is handy when you get to the new house.

We usually throw something in the crock pot / slow cooker so there is a hot meal ready. Make it simple, stew, chilli or even easier toss a roast, potatoes, onions and carrots in the pot, put a pkg of onion soup mix over the roast and let it cook all day.

Painprincess, do you have any family at home? Just take your time. Let's face it you will not be on a time limit to unpack, the boxes are not going to go anywhere.

Enjoy your new home, Lorraine
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby dotty lotty » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:30 am

Hi pain princess. Lovely to hear you have a new house.
As the others say keep the essentials :cup1: :cup1: and of course [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] handy and unpack at your leisure.
Don't do it all at once. Set yourself maybe a room at a time so when it is all done you will be able to enjoy the feeling and not confined to bed with a flare up.
Good luck. :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: ( I am sending a few bears to help. They only need some honey to eat!!)
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:32 am

I will join in with this one .just had a call from the estate agents and YIPPEE exchange today it's taken since July to get it sorted , just have to wait for our solicitor to confirm it and then we our off to New quay West Wales on the Friday the 13 DEC not bothered about the date or that it's near Christmas looking forward to a walk along the beach Christmas morning .my son is with the ,
R A F, and at the moment he is in the Falkland's so we had cancelled , Christmas this year

Like every one else box's every where but who cares now :-D :-D :-D

There is one thing that is certain that stress does make Fibro worse I have been so wound up at the length of time that this has taken and considering that there is no chain FTB and we are moving to a Residential park home ( Schooner Park) last night got a flare skin hurt to touch neck hurt sore throat hands and fingers hurt honestly think that is was the tail end of every thing that has been going on .

Well I wish every one else good luck health and happiness in there new homes :-) :-)
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:20 pm

ty everyone. i have my 18 month old with me so no sleep lol she s got a bad cold to. but a bath will be nice as my mum dont have one here.i shall do my best not to over do it but its me i see things untidy and i cant sit still lol .buying f freezer weekend bed coming thrusday got cooker in its old but it works ,also got washing m in to. and kettle over there just need to get some curtin poles and curtins up .... hugs all i hope not to be off line for longxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia