fed up with all of this

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fed up with all of this

Postby wen » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:24 am

Hi all as I have said iam fed up with the pain, tiredness and constant feelings rough. I have a fairly supportive family but some of the time I really just want to be on my own and curl up and not think of how much needs to be done. I have learnt to prioritise things. I just want to feel normal again and enjoy my life. Thanks for letting me vent. Gentle hugs to you all xx
wen
UKFM Member

Re: fed up with all of this

Postby Itsonlyme! » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:55 am

Vent away honey. I feel exactly the same way to be honest. I'm sick to the back teeth of it all l really am.l understand the not wanting to see anybody too. I get sick of people thinkin l'm feeling sorry for myself, so what if we are!? We're entitled to occasinally..lf some people who are quick to judge went through what we have to every day they'd feel like that too! Try stay strong hon. U have to to be able to cope. Hope u feel a little better soon. Gentle hugs xx :-?
Itsonlyme!
UKFM Member

Postby nkats mum » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:16 am

I know exactly how you feel... it used to be some days that I felt really fed up. Now it almost everyday. I'm going to see the local mental health team today to see if they can help me and waiting for an appointment for occupational health to come out... People don't realise just how bad we feel having to pick and choose what to do and not to do and the fatigue.. I'm 32 years old and getting a wheelchair. ( i also have artheritis and other problems in my lower back) if it weren't for my children I believe that I wouldn't still be here.
nkats mum
UKFM Member

Postby a.lyndon » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:51 pm

Hi everyone,

Again, I feel the same as well. I do work but have had quite a bad flare up and have been off work now for 3 weeks and just been signed off for another 2 weeks.

It's that time of year when there is so much to do and we're unable to get done what we feels needs to be done. My husband is very good and does what he can, but by the time he gets home and sorted tea it's nearly time for bed. I feel completely useless. I can see housework building up and can't do it cause I hurt and feel like I haven't got the energy to do it.

Your not on your own and it's good that we can vent our frustrations on the forum and not get judged.

Big soft and gentle hugs to you all. X

Ally
a.lyndon
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:06 pm

Unfortunately days and times when we feel like this are par for the course :( :( :( Sometimes it can seem like they've got such a throttling grip on us that this is how things will be for ever more :cry: :cry: :cry: Even now, after almost 14 years on my FibroQuest, I still get overwhelmed by it all and would give almost anything for it to go away in short, jerky movements :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Unfortunately, it never does, it just hands around and bites me even harder on my more~then~ample derrière :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon:

As time passes tho, you do find ways to find the little glimmers of :blowkiss: :blowkiss: that help you deal with these darker days. You can also find ways to do a little of the domestic goddessing that keeps building up, as doing something like folding up a couple of items from the ever~growing washing mountain is always far better than letting it grow by another load.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby vickyh1981 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:38 pm

Was diagnosed in January but have had enough already. I have got two young children and find it hard to cope. Most days I just want to stay in bed, feel so depressed and lonely and and always have thoughts of wishing I was dead. I would not mind so much if I just had flare ups but I don't it's constantly there. Have to take morphine now for pain but my gp wants me to come off it as I'm too young etc. My family don't know how I feel, they say it's all in my head and that I should go and get a job, have not worked since June and can hardly get up in mornings let alone work. Feel sorry for my husband as I sleep most of time ( not really a relationship) and worried he will eventually leave me. House is a tip as no energy to do anything, was so house proud before diagnosis. Feel like my life is over and sometimes want it to be :(
vickyh1981
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:11 pm

Vicky.....first of al ou have to let go of the house not being perfect. I am OCD and bleach is my best friend. It took me ages to let go of it and I do not want to see anyone else go through what I did because something was out of place.
If your family do not want to understand then that is their issue. All you can do is educate them on fibro as best you can.

Wen...our lives will never be the same but we still have a life, we can still live. We can still enjoy things but in a different way. Look at all the things you enjoyed and now think of ways you still can. You may be a bit slower and not do things quite the same way but you will find a way. You are not fibromyalgia and fibromyalgia does not define who you are.

I have lived for 25 years with fibro and after a few, quite a few years of trying to get it all through my head I have. I will never be rid of fibro, or at least not in the near future so I can either sit back and let fibro win and rule or I can do what I can to do everything I can and have my life back. I choose to live!
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby dotty lotty » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Whoami you have some very positive words here and hope some will maybe rub of on those of us who are still trying to come to terms with fibro. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby fallingtobits » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:50 pm

Oh Whoami
When I read that you've had fibro for 25 years my heart sinks. I've been 'poorly' for 3 years and am in a rapid decline at present. My life as I knew it, and me along with it, has gone. I hate the moany old woman I've become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fallingtobits
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia