Did my Christmas shopping yesterday...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Did my Christmas shopping yesterday...

Postby Picklepudding » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:11 pm

and OMG am I suffering today :-(

I dosed up on co-codamol (the only prescription painkiller that I've got and I've only got that from a recent kidney infection) and borrowed a set of crutches which were an absolute godsend. I survived the whole day but I'm really paying for it. Everything hurts. I'm at work from 9am to 7pm today so it's going to be a very long day.

I may have to invest in a set of crutches for such occassions as there's no way I would have got round without them. I don't want to admit that I need them but I do. I will try to only use them for long days where a lot of walking is needed as I really don't want to have to rely on them.

More co-codamol taken today - I hope I can make it through until 7pm. Wish me luck!
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Re: Did my Christmas shopping yesterday...

Postby linda3719 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:12 pm

Well done you! Must have taken an awful lot of effort so good one :-D :-D :-D .

I'm afraid I not as brave as you - online shopping for me. Hope your day goes quick

Linda x x x :-P :-P :-P
linda3719
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:45 pm

Online shopping for me as well, running the gauntlet round the supermarket is too much for me at times, so Christmas shopping is :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

You're incredibly organised, which is a good thing for this time of year :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby dotty lotty » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:53 pm

I've been doing mine in bits and picking up things when I see them. But I am getting more of a bah humbug each year.
:hohoho1: and :happy-new-year-group-1: just disturb my routine. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby a.lyndon » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Well done! :-D I haven't even started yet. My husband wants me to borrow my mum's wheelchair so I can start shopping. Think that's putting me off a bit. Still coming to terms with using a stick when I go out. :( but suppose i'm gonna have to get used to it.

Why not look forward to a nice hot bath and a relax when you get home. You deserve it.
a.lyndon
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:33 pm

Picklepudding...good for you. Take it easy for a few days and let your body heal.

Alyndon......Use whatever you need to so you are able to get out. You will enjoy being out and will get things done. I
Have a cane in the truck all the time and one in the house. I use it whenever I need to. I also will use
whatever is available if I need to. Once you have used things you will not think twice about it.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby a.lyndon » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:24 pm

whoami - Thankyou for that. Think it's more about what people think than anything else and since i'm only 43 it's not how I expected to see my life, but less of the self pity, I'll do what I need to.

Thankyou

Ally xx
a.lyndon
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Hia all and well done you! Go girl!! Hope ur not in too much pain now? I must admit I'm "fairly" organized as currently working part time and struggling with that! Diff story all together tbh! I done 3/4 of mine just sum voucher,s to get but think ill do click+reserve if poss! I have written all cards led in bed with hot water bottle shoved down my back! Went into town with my daughter but tbh was not feeling the whole exmas thing I'm still not! I am lucky tho as I ordered a couple of meat etc hampers so at least that headache is out the way ill do online 4 the rest!!! Don't fancy getting knocked+barged as realli struggling with pain recently esp lower back! And knee ended up at out of hrs saturday GP said if the same thing happens again straight 2 A+E I don't know if any1 else has slipped disc,s? Well mega ashamed saturday got up and wet patch on sheet WTH!!! And never felt it gp suspects may b caudia equine sorri if spelt wrong pooping myself!! I used to love christmas now just want it over with!! Baa humbug!!! But I do hope you all have a relitively pain free and peaceful christmas and guys don't 4get 2 pre-order ur medz!! Love me xxxx :grouphug: :hohoho1: :xmaswave1:
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:42 pm

a.lyndon wrote:whoami - Thankyou for that. Think it's more about what people think than anything else and since i'm only 43 it's not how I expected to see my life, but less of the self pity, I'll do what I need to.

Thankyou

Ally xx

I was 30, married 6 months and had a fractured neck in the accident and then added fibro. Since we have been married I have had over 25 trips to the operating room. If I worried about what other people thought of me using a chair, walker then cane. ( I did it backwards started in the chair). Anyway if I had worried about others thoughts, and they did voice opinions, everything from me having nothing wrong to that poor man newly married and being stuck with he, I would have completely given up.

You never owe anyone explanations, you never have to excuse yourself, and you never have to apologize for the way you are dealing with things. You do what you have to do to enjoy life and live! X
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby a.lyndon » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:56 pm

Thank you whoami, that puts things into perspective. I need a good kick up the backside really. There are always people worse off than ourselves.

Ally
a.lyndon
UKFM Member

Postby Andyp » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:18 pm

Ally:

I use a walking stick (I'm 40) to help with my balance when I go out and at work. At first I was really self-concious thinking everybody was looking at me etc, but now don't really think about it most of the time. If it means you can get out and about, then use what you can.
Andyp
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia