Be kind to yourself and take a little "me~time" xx

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Be kind to yourself and take a little "me~time" xx

Postby denys » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:47 pm

Thought I would start a post about being nice to yourself especially at this time of year when everyone seems to get so busy at Christmas. To get thru the busyness in the best shape possible, our friends planning and pacing are essential, and right up at the top of the list with them is making sure some "me~time" is included, where you can indulge in a little bit of what helps make you feel that little bit more special and :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

So for me, its a nice soak in the bath with my favourite drink (Latte), maybe putting some nice music on making sure of course that I have some favourite smellies in the water.

Putting on 'easy' clothes (like pj's) and getting comfy as I can so that I can carry out a task (card writing) without getting all stressy and so causing more pain, break the task down, write a few and take a break then do a few more and so on

Add everything you do to try to relax a bit, it may help someone else who maybe hasnt thought of it. Even making sure they enjoy the holidays instead of paying for it long into 2014 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: A bit of Titivating!!
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: Be kind to yourself

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:19 pm

Soaking in the bath has become my special time as well, to the point where OH :yikes: :yikes: :alien: :alien: teenager and the :dogrun1: don't take their lives into their own hands and paws and disturb me while I'm in there :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a favourite selection of smellies, incl bath bombs, creamers and brulees that I have in the water, as well as face wash and body polish. And afterwards, a nice body butter helps to softly finish things off :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:

Comfy clothes are a must, be it cute and fluffy jim~jams and snuggly socks, or something nice and girlie and forgiving for a rare trip out with OH for Christmas Lunch :xmastree1: :xmastree1: :xmastree1:

I also like to escape into some of my favourite music, programs and films, not necessarily Christmassy ones, just something that helps whisk me away from reality for a while :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Be kind to yourself

Postby dotty lotty » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:32 pm

My treats to my self are hot chocolate at 2pm in the afternoon with TENS on cosy blanket and a good book :cup1: [chocolate]

And the other is Saturday night P.J,s feet up and Magnum (other ice lollies are available) watching strictly come dancing :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Re: Be kind to yourself and take a little "me~time" xx

Postby debsmith » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:07 pm

Hia all

Unfortunatly 4me its a shower as can't get in + out bath safely re: back so I indulge in my fav sanctuary products then there body butter Mmmmmmmm!!! Then my onsey and like denny a lush latte! Love them :) I got a frozen hamper pre-booked to take stress off and I've done cards in november 4ward planning! Then given gift chores to OH too seems only fair I feel I do my kids and he does his as 4 past exmas always been me not this year taken that stress away from myself :) go me! I hope all of u deligate some christmas chores to OH, etc I wish u all a happy and as PAIN FREE as possible xxxx :santchimney1: :elfsnaowball: :hohoho1:
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:23 pm

For me a nice hot bath is heaven! I started using strawberry shampoo for kids, love the smell and it's gentle. Or staying in pj's all day. I'm a big girl so I have my cute hello kitty advent calendar with daily small [chocolate] treat. I love latte but now I'm totally into chai latte . Sweet tea with spices and milk. There's something about it that I find very soothing. Still trying to get mine to taste as good as Nero's but can't figure out what they put in it haha

And when my hands allow it, I play a game on my console. :-)
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:55 pm

Thank you for the lovely topic denys.

I think everyone can get a bit stressed leading up to the Christmas season so to add FM ontop is not a good combination lol. Over the last few years since being diagnosed I have tried to get myself more organised to avoid any last minute rushes or manic shopping sprees. Going into some shops in December can leave me tempted to :shooting: lol.

I actually ordered the majority of my gifts online this year to be delivered either to my mums or to pick up in store. I just need to wrap them now lol which I do enjoy doing in front of the fire, christmas tree lights and candles twinkling, a nice cup of tea and a mince pie (or three lol) Christmas movies on the telly in the background.

My guilty pleasure is definitely having a long soak in a bubble bath. I love having a good girly pamper and think I have the whole Soap and Glory range in my bathroom lol. I love soaking, having a lil read and pamper then putting my snuggly onesie on and curling up with the doglet all snug and cosy. There is definitely chocolate involved in there somewhere too and a good film.

Hope you all are keeping well in the lead up to Christmas and manage to have some sort of fun.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia