Hospital rang today

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hospital rang today

Postby Tracie » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:59 pm

I was at drs had to see locum gp,am not good mentally at all,then I had to see nurse,I just got home and hospital rang asked if I wanted to attend my appointment today instead of fri so said yes so off I went,bloods are fine she done referal last time to gastro people so now waiting an appointment,she has put me on a low dose of pregabalin I see her again in eight weeks,she has concerns about mh state and that I have no support and how I have been left by them and how no one has checked meds or tried to listen when feel bad,she mentioned how fibromyalgia and ME are the same and how bed is not good,as if I stay in bed all day day in day out am sorry if I need rest I need rest and will have a rest or sleep,she is nice and she was not nasty at all but was taken a back when she said that about bed and how they both the same illnesses.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Re: Hospital rang today

Postby libbiek30 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi
they are very similar and some people have both. I can see what it doc meant do what u can cause staying in bed isn't good for your mental health. Yes you must rest but try and do things that you enjoy so you feel like you are still living :pull-hair:
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:32 pm

Tracie...It is good that you got to see someone.

I can understand the Dr saying tbat fibro and ME are the same. They both share so many symptoms and are basically treated the same. If you are treated already with meds for fibro that also are what you would be for ME then she would look at them as being the same.

Tracie....I know you get depressed easily and have issues with your mental health. You must push yourself to try to stay out of bed. Believe me, I know how it beckons us back.

I know you get tired and need to rest but try to get on some sort of schedule that you get dressed everyday. You can have a lie down in the morning and afternoon for a bit.

If we can get up, washed and teeth done it just gets us going a bit. We have to pace but sometimes we just need to push ourselves.

Tracie, you can do it, think of what you accomplish already. Give yourself a pat on the back and tell yourself you can. Be stubborn and don't let fibro run your life.

I am glad you get on well with this new Dr. Hopefully you can work together and she can get you some support.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:19 am

Hi Tracie I have been told by my doc that FM and ME are different ends of the same spectrum where ME the main symptom is fatigue with less pain and FM pain with less fatigue. But others have been diagnosed with both and if this is you then you will be completely fatigued as well as in pain.

The thing with ME is that you have to force yourself up and very very gently and slowly do a little exercise so that eventually you can shake off the fatigue a bit and as long as you are careful it can be controlled better. The fact you have FM as well makes this a lot more difficult and it means it would probably take you a lot longer to build things up.

That said it doesnt really matter how long it takes as it will help you with your mental health as well as your ME so its worth trying, but dont push it cos if you do too much you will land yourself back in bed. Have you tried the very gentle chair exercises, I'm sure your doc or the nurse will be able to give you some information. I can only do the warm up but at least its something. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Tracie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:45 am

Being a carer at home I do not have time to lie in bed day in day out,and I would not do that yes I do have a rest sometimes but not all time and I do push myself to do things,if my body says rest then I do and do feel a bit better.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:12 am

I recently went back to the rhumatologist and he also had the attitude that CFS/ME WAS the same as fibro :-? I could have got into a debate there but really couldnt be bothered :roll: just wanted to get out, home and lay down!

Now if they were all one illness why are they listed as seperate ones? all different names? :-? :-? :-? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia