why are my days so different !

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

why are my days so different !

Postby coz1 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi
One day im copeing then the next im in floods of tears and not copeing at all.
Im on pregabalin which suits me and the highest amount of duluxatine plus cocodamol,but cant understand what is going on with my body at all. :crazy:
Some days im in so much pain i can hardly move my whole body is in bouts of spasms i just think i cant live my life like this,the next day i still have pain but life is good.
Does not matter what ive been doing and whats going on in my life,but would like to know if this is what you all go through and how you cope
with this horrid fibro.
coz1
UKFM Member

Re: why are my days so different !

Postby ouchiemama » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:56 pm

Hiya, I cant really help but I know exactly what you mean!! Im like this too, its sooo frustrating! I think unfortunately thats just fibro for you!! :yikes: :yikes:

I never know from 1 minute even to the next what mood im in, what pain is like, where it is, how fatigued i am etc....!!

Ive just been diagnosed since april so still struggling to get my head round it all! Some members who have had it a lot longer may be able to offer some advice, I will be keeping an eye out for replies!

:hugs: to you! xx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby Smurfy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi, I know just how you feel. I am exactly the same and my mood is up and down too. Nothing anyone says can help but at least we really do know what you're going through. Sending gentle hugs :-D :flowers:
Smurfy
UKFM Member

Postby jools1903 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:53 pm

That's exactly how I feel too! The last few days I have been on so much pain and been so very tired. Then this morning I have felt so differently! I have managed to clean the kitchen, bathroom and cloakroom and sort some washing out :-D . I can't say I have tons of energy but even having a bit more energy has made such a difference today - and relatively little pain either :lol: .
jools1903
UKFM Member

Postby Suzyhyde » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:35 pm

Nobody seems to know why every day is different,it is so hard one step forward two steps back .i want my old life back as we all do,you have to make most of the good days ,I am worried about Christmas how I am going to manage,my husband does not seem interested in reading about the problem I think he thinks it is in my head :?: really hard when you feel you are on your own trying your hardest to help yourself ,I do feel at work only 12 hours gives me a feeling of being normal seeing friends is good two ,I also think will it go like it came :?: or is it going to get worse I have had it about 3 years :!:
Suzyhyde
UKFM Member

Postby SeaHorse1 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:17 am

Hi I can't really help with any advice but I have days too when I am feeling like everything & everywhere hurts & then I also have day where I can cope better. The cold weather isn't helping but as I haven't won the lottery I can't escape the weather for the winter :(
I think hard as it is try just to get through each hour, day as it comes & try & focus on the better hours/days I know easier said than done. Big hugs & hope today is an easier day for everyone :-)
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain
SeaHorse1
UKFM Member

Postby Tel1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:22 am

Hi There.... I too know what you are going through... this Fibro is a nightmare because the symptoms can change by the hour.
I can feel completely ok one hour and the next I get these pains flying everywhere, and then the depression sets in... nightmare
aint it:) I find the worse thing above anything else is that when you think about all the places you want to go to, and then
you pan something, and then you can have a flare up of pains in your hand arms back shoulders and so on and it gets you down,
well it does me... there just never seems to be an end to it. :yikes: :yikes:

Even though I get all this plus all the other Fibro related symptoms the aches tiredness tingly hands feet etc and a panic
feeling, I do try not to take too many pills to ease things because that way if you keep taking pills you will want more
and more to ease things... so I try and ease off of the medication a bit then I know I can function better as some drugs
do make you worse especially pain killers and depression drugs..... You will find your own way in the end, but I do know
what you mean when you say ( why are my days so different )
Tel1
UKFM Member

Postby felinefine » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:27 am

My days are different too, today I cannot write for long as my hands becoming numb. I had my first xmas do on Friday, no drinking and dancing, I used to love to dance and last to leave the dance floor. I don't know how I didn't break down in tears. I drove home. Got out the car and seized up, my whole back and legs. I'm sure if any one had seen my they'd have thought I was a drunk driver the way I walked up my path. Yesterday the next morning, I was up after little sleep to help at a Xmas fayre, for a cat rescue.

Today I'm sore all over, pain, shooting up arms, stiff, my hands are full of pins and needles and then numb.

My Gabapentin has been upped to 600mg a day on top of paracetamol and tramadol and oramorph (on bad head days)

My days are different too and I'm still not accepting they probably will be forever now and try not to plan too far ahead, who knows what tomorrow bring, live for the moment xx
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:02 pm

coz1, I think this has to be one of the worst symptoms of fibro...the unknown. I think it is one that we all share. :hugs:
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby felinefine » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:19 pm

whoami wrote:coz1, I think this has to be one of the worst symptoms of fibro...the unknown. I think it is one that we all share. :hugs:

That's so true x
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby lala1980 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:54 am

Hi caz1 iv not been diagnose and im very new to all this But I feel up and down:/ today is good so far fingers crossed;) but some days I feel like im going mad I know I feel the aches and pains and the numbness and weakness of my body but somehow I feel foolish?? Is this all in my head and then the depression sets in and it take a while to get back to me and this goes around in circles... take care lots of gentle hugs to u xx
If you smile then the world is a better place :-)
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby coz1 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:39 pm

THANKYOU to all the response i got from this post,it makes you feel that its not just me and not all in my head,im not alone.
Guilt plays on my mind alot as my moaning must get on my husbands nerves as it does mine,hes more patient than i am with him lol.
Frustration as to not be able to party,dance,walk quick,drive and i loved my job as a pallative care assistant to not being able work at all.
Things we are all missing out on,even if we dont miss out the pain shows its ugly head to say "dont you dare do and enjoy yourself to much".
But then im grateful to have other people like you to moan at as im not judged.people in my life to love me as i love them.
On the very bad painful dark day i do think whats the point, can i live like this and sob my day away and hope it passes,When it does i think im a selfish :nono: cow their are so so many people worse than me.
Thankyou we can are be their for eash other in many ways.
I WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY PAINLESS CHRISTMAS X :xmastree1: :santchimney1:
coz1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia