cold weather problems?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

cold weather problems?

Postby animeemo3 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:21 pm

hii =]

anyone had problems with cold weather/drafts making pain worse? i spend every day on or in my bed, which is right infront of my window which is always open, but it's only open about a centimetre. lately its been pretty chilly and i've noticed my pain and stiffness has increased dramatically, finding it really hard to even get off the bed or stand up straight without the pain being almost overwhelming. moving the bed or closing the window is not an option lol
just wondering if it was me, the beginnings of a flare or something else hah

on another note, going to see a vascular surgeon in january about my hyperhidrosis and hopefully get it more manageable! anyone been to see a vasc doc about this and what should i expect?
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Re: cold weather problems?

Postby dejay » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:46 pm

I have never liked the cold weather, but since having fibro, I wish I could hibernate,the cold damp days play havic with my arthritic joints, but the cold winds seem to set fibro pain off, so a double whamee, but I wear my thermals, when I go out,also gloves, scarf, boots, big thick coat, I bet you can all imagine what I look like ,by the time I get dressed to go out, I have forgotten where I was going, hey ho the joys of fibro lol,
dejay
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:41 pm

I agree my symptoms started during a winter and seem worse in the cold weather :snowman1:

dejay maybe you should write a note before you get dressed so you wont forget. LOL :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby dejay » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:17 pm

I write notes ,then loose them , I am not the most organised person, but I hope that all my fibro friends can keep warm and well during this cold spell, that is being forcast. lol
dejay
UKFM Member

Postby raindaisyflower » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:28 pm

me and the cold do not have a good relationship...
this has been on and off for the best part of 20 years..!!..

last year...i had returned to work full time.. I was working and it was winter..fffffreezing!!!..i was out and about in the community , sitting on cold sofas , in cold houses and back out into the car , sitting waiting between appointments..i would ring home by 2pm.. for my husband to put the electric blanket on and have a bath ready..i was in bed within an hour of getting in the door...

in chronic frozen pain....over xmas i was bedridden for days on end ..

by January I had left my job..and here we are ..i hate the cold..it hurts every inch of me, i feel like my body is screaming at me!!!

i suffer low mood, extreme tiredness and lack of motivation..I wish I was bear!!! :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
raindaisyflower
UKFM Member

Postby Tracie » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Cold does not help me with pain
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby Sioriwish » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:14 pm

do you by any chance have hyper mobility too? as that's to do with the joints, cold+joints=more pain.

But yes, I also feel worse in the cold weather.. when snow finally falls, I'm hibernating :x
Sioriwish
UKFM Member

Postby animeemo3 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:17 pm

I have hypermobility (physio since childhood). Even though cold weather cripples me and puts my joints and muscles through hell, I still prefer cold weather over normal or hot weather. I have hyperhidrosis though so that might be why lol
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:48 pm

The cold weather really gets things worse for me. I can feel it coming in my hips and legs. I also have Raynauds and of course cold weather is not its friend.

Where do I live...Canada, LOL. I don't know why but when I come home to the UK the winter weather there does not affect me as much. It is damper there and the really cold weather here can be dry. Doesn't make sense.

I do not...hear me, do not, like summer. The temps here for the last 2 summers have been around 30 C and the humidity is hell.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:26 pm

Im sat here with 2 jumpers on, under a thick duvet and im still freeeeeezing!! but then i do have the raynauds :roll:

My muscles stiffen more with the cold and pain enhances.

But then i hate the heat also :lol: that causes fatigue, muscle weakness and dizziness :roll:

Im very sensitive to any change in weather and not found the right temp for me yet :snowhappy: :snowhappy: :snowhappy: :snowhappy: :snowing1: :snowing1: :snowing1: :snowing1: :snowing1: :snowing1: :snowing1: :snowing1: :snowing1: :snowing1: :snowman1: :snowman1: :snowman1: :snowman1: :snowman1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby ouchisme » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:58 pm

i'm with you on this one Lisa... sodding freezing cold :yikes:
I have the problem of putting layers on and then having to remove some as i have a hot flush and so on. I have to have a lie down in the afternoon and just end up a hot sweaty mess lol
I think all fibromites suffer horrendously when the weather changes especially in the cold/wet/windy winters that we have.
Any ideas a part from light layers on and off during the day... its the hot flushes that are getting me
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia