How do you not feel sorry for yourself?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: How do you not feel sorry for yourself?

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:08 pm

Its always good to be positive :-D then someone like me comes along and dampens it :shock: there was nothing against the positivity i personaly like people to see both sides of the story.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby zappa20 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:11 pm

25 years ago my father whom I was very close to suddenly dropped dead in my kitchen from a massive heart attack aged just 65. One minute he was standing having a coffe , the next he was gone as if the lights had just gone out. I was devastated. Just 5 weeks later , my OH and I were involved in a head on collision , not our fault, and both injured. Time slows down in an accident like this, and as we waited to be cut from the wreckage , I realised no matter how bad I'd felt about losing my father things could actually get much worse. From that day forward my attitude to life has been to appreciate what I have in life , not dwell on what I've lost, or what I don't have, as everything can change in a moment.

I've some very serious long term diabetic complications I deal with daily, with a very restricted lifesle as a result. Looking at losing both legs within next couple of years if not sooner. My GP has described my health prognosis as a ticking time bomb. I live life enjoying the things I have, or can still do, even if it's just watching the world go by or laughing at the birds giving their babies flying lessons each spring. If you keep a postiive attitude with life and family and friends, it will be returned twofold.

PS just read in a magazine that having a good cry promotes healthy circulation within the brain,seems it's like cleansing the inside of your brain and has a healing effect. So if that's how you feel go for it.

Edit PPS - Chronic pain isn't the biggest reason for suicide, as far as I'm aware. Which resource published this information?
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:17 am

yeah positivity breeds positivity :-D (negitivity breeds negitivity too)

Really hope you are feeling somewhat better, even in some small way Picklepudding xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby Picklepudding » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:26 am

Thank you everyone. You have certainly shown that many people are much worse off than me so I should count my blessings. It's just hard when you're in pain. Anyway, I'll try my best to perk myself up. Have a good day everyone x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia