What feels like kidney pain?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What feels like kidney pain?

Postby Wackers34 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:28 pm

Does anyone else get a dull (sort of tooth ache feeling) in their mid back, like your kidneys are aching? This is the first pain I got last year (dec) and what started all my problems off - I now have it again - it must be a December thing! It really aches - I thought last year it was a kidney infection - but was not the case
It seems to last weeks and is on both sides
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Re: What feels like kidney pain?

Postby Crisky00 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Yes i get it alot sometimes it is a urine infection so always get it checkedx
Crisky00
UKFM Newbie

Postby raindaisyflower » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:14 pm

I had this ache a few years ago, kept putting it down to the cold , the wind or urine infection, i did on a couple of occasions have an infections, but it dismissed by my GP, then it got worse all of a sudden one morning, and I ended up in a & e , they tested my urine and said to drink plenty and go home and rest, the pain got worse, i called the doctor , tested my wee again, said all was ok ...by the 4 th day I was lying on the floor crying in pain , as the day went by and nearly passing out, i tried to wee and passed a kidney stone, as soon as the stone was out the pain went...i then had this dull ache for months afterwards..at the time my GP did not believe i had passed the stone, so i went to the GUM clinic and the doctor said I had been treated terribly and insisted to my GP that I have a scan, the scan confirmed I had a scar track from my kidney confirming I did indeed pass a stone! i now get this dull ache in the winter, cold, dehydrated or over tired , I was dx with FM in May this year, I was told i have gone un dx for 5 years ...this would include the time i had the stone. Drink plenty , keep warm and rest , if the dull ache continues dont dismiss it, get checked out x :shock:
raindaisyflower
UKFM Member

Postby Diane64 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:30 pm

Yea, a few months ago, I thought it was a kidney/urine infection, it was actually IBS, I could not believe that the doctor told me that's what it was, but took buscopan and it disappeared, now when get it I take peppermint oil capsules and it goes away as quick as it came.
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:41 am

Any new pain, especially severe pain needs to be checked. We can have an issue somewhere but the pain presents itself in a totally different spot..
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia