what do you class as a flare up ?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

what do you class as a flare up ?

Postby lala1980 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:11 am

??? Im still new to all of this so im interested to see what happen with you??

My whole Left hand,arm,shoulder has gone numb/a dead weight this morning and is painful as hell ive alway had it on both side dont get all of this :(( thank u xx
If you smile then the world is a better place :-)
lala1980
UKFM Member

Re: what do you class as a flare up ?

Postby lala1980 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:52 am

Oh and im not say im having a flare up at the mo x
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby Sioriwish » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:22 am

a flare up to me is when i have pain EVERYWHERE not just in my shoulders, hips and knees, as i have them hurting everyday. If I can move then I wouldnt call it a flareup either.

so basically, if im bed bound or really struggling to move, I would call that a flare up :)
Sioriwish
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:54 am

Well for me a flare is like flu all over and I walk around like I'm 90.i can't go to bed with a toddler so I walk around like a zombie.my skin hurts to touch and I can't move my arms very well. That's a flare for me. But what's a flare to one is different from someone else.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:47 pm

For me it's when every part of me hurts, I feel like a truck hit me and after that a horse dragged me around town behind it on a rope. My back, hips knees and from shoulders all the way down to fingers hurt all the time but when Fibro goes mad they feel like there's electricity shooting through them and the throbbing pain makes me keep as still as possible because moving makes it worse.

Like PP said, it's different for everyone. I've downloaded an app on my phone called UKFibroMapp and find it very good for keeping records of how I feel and why. It also has a sleep record function and you can add notes.
If you don't want to download things, you could maybe take a notepad and write down how you feel. It has helped me to find out a few more things I should avoid like aspartame, wheat (also for IBS), too much sugar or caffeine and more.

Hope this helps.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby a.lyndon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:24 pm

For me, a flare up is where I suffer more pain than usual to a point of not been able to continue in my normal daily activities. I can move around with a walking stick, but also the fatigue plays a huge part hope this helps. :-)

Ally
a.lyndon
UKFM Member

Postby lala1980 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Yes thank you all for sharing :)) ive had all sorts of aches and pain over the last 9weeks I think ive only had a day or two where im clear of any pain and even then it did last all day Ive felt exhausted for meny years..i had to go part time at that point so iv had to pacad myself I dont think ive had a flare up yet im scared of it arrr thank you all xx
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby becbob » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:37 pm

I feel like I'm in a constant flare up. I have yet to have a good day, good moments yes but a good day no.
I hurt all the time from head to toe. My feet and hands are agony at all times. My head feels all cottonwooly headed and the muscles in my thighs feel like they are stretched to breaking point and are about to rip off. Also my back hurts all over. Shoulders feel like someone has hit them with a hammer and I am so tired and drained of all energy. Any little thing I do just makes it seem that much worse. It makes no difference at the moment whether I rest or try to do a little bit of activity. I am very depressed but hide it well, I hope, from my girls. Hips are also a big issue for me. And sleep is very rare. I am on Zomorph 10mgs with Oramorph to top me up but as yet I am not feeling any benefit. Also on Amitriptyline 10mg. Nothing seems to help.
What would all of you count as a typical day without being on a flare?
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby lala1980 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:01 pm

Ohh thats horrible bacbob you have it to the highest extreme..im sorry x
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby TATT » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:06 am

Hi Becbob,

It's tough when everyday is like that, when I was in my first flare it got me bed bound for two and a half years. That's not to say that's the norm. It took me a long time to find the right mixture of drugs to get myself back to some kind of living, which is not really that much but to me it feels like it. If your meds are not working don't stay in pain go see your GP.

FM for me changes all the time but I am learning to love myself for the first time in my life and so now I listen to my body and try to pace. I am coming off Tramdol and have got insomnia :twisted: but I am nowhere as bad as I was. So I encourage you to keep going to your GP till you get some relief and believe me there is some, sometimes it's a few minutes to hours then the odd day.

Sending you a hug x
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:22 am

Constant head to toe pain for me, it has literally been years since I was pain~free, so~much~so I can't remember how it is to be any other way apart from like this.

I've never seemed to have a flare as such with FM, flares seem to be more CFS/ME related for me. With FM, I'll be bobbling along with things at a level that I've gotten used to, then I'll be whammied with a sizeable jump in pain levels, but rather than settling down to a lower level, the jump in level effectively becomes my regular level for a while, until the net whammy catches me.

Changes in fatigue, the fluey feeling, added heaviness and aching tend to get a grip when the CFS/ME decides to try and floor me, and whilst the sensations ever leave me, at least with that side of things, they do tend to settle back down a little, but never all the way back down to the level they were at pre~flare. And again, this revised level becomes my regular level until the next time I get whammied :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia