Shoulder

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Shoulder

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:01 pm

For weeks and weeks I had pins and needles in my neck and now omg my shoulder blade is killing me. Have I pulled it or is it fibro. Worsed bit is its hard to tell isn't it.hurts even sitting still so I'm thinking its fibro.dr is raining me tomorrow so hoping I can get something better pain wise.also I got so depressed latly I'm wondering if I should change my ain't depressant .been on same one for five years now.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Shoulder

Postby shazzg1969 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:42 pm

Hi,

I get this and it's fibro. I get it at the front and back of my shoulder blades. Quite often fell that someone has kicked me in the shoulder with a steel toe cap boot. Can last for mins, hours, days. I also get pins and needles in my neck and bottom of my head. Hope you pain goes soon. Sending gentle hugs x
shazzg1969
UKFM Newbie

Postby Karou » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:55 pm

I've had problems like you're describing and it feels like someone punched me in the back with all their strength. My TENS and self heating patches are on overtime when it happens. :roll:
Still, might be good to ask your doctor. Even if it's Fibro, maybe he has any more advice that can bring relief.

Wrt ad's, if you feel they're not helping you enough, I'd mention it to doctor. Might be that you need a different one or maybe your dosage needs adjusting. I hope he'll help you sort this out quick so you can feel better.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:25 pm

I often put the pain over my right shoulder blade down to being right handed and therefore it gets used more. :dunno: :dunno: :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:36 pm

Painprincess....when you see your Dr let him know exactly how you are feeling with the pain and emotionally.

There is no wonder you are more depressed lately. Think about all you have been dealing with in the last couple of months. When you are physically stressed then you will naturally get depressed. Depression doesn't always show itself mentally it can show itself physically.....Confused yet, LOL!

Painprinces.....there are times when you can look great to everyone but the minute you hit the Dr's office it is like a curtain drops and the tears flow. You may need a medication change, ask your Dr his opinion.

Maybe a trip in for a visit with the Dr is in order, especially if this numbing in your arm is something new.

Painprincess, hope you feel better soon. Lorraine x
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:28 pm

Whoami I don't have any numbness thankfully .and yes I am using my tens atm to! dr is ringing me tomorrow save me going in so I shall talk about everything xxx ty for the replays lady's
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby lala1980 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:17 pm

Hiya Oh Sorry about your shoulders :-( and about your depression when did u get diagnose?
maynot be the same but as you know ive had it all day on my left side its now gone in to my whole neck back and front and my throat has hurt for a month now its get worse from about 3pm...

lol its great this in it!! Really hope you get the help from your gp gentle hugs hunny xxx
If you smile then the world is a better place :-)
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi La la ,I do hope your feeling better today, I had fibro for over ten years plus. Depression about 7 or there abouts .i no I have OA in my lower back but no one x rays me in a long time,last night I had my tens on for hours just to take a breck from pain killers.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Bridgitte » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:59 pm

It could be your fibromyalgia with the shoulder, but get it checked out regardless. I have FM so know what that feels like, but the pain in my shoulders, especially in my left, is absolutely excruciating, causing more specific pain to the front and back of shoulder area, down arm, and up and around neck area. My rheumatologist consultant had some x-rays done (but only because I wasn't happy with him and had a go at him) and two weeks later, my GP accessed the results from her PC, and referred me to orthopaedic who did state that it might be the FM, but ordered an MRI Scan on my left shoulder anyway; and it picked up that the end bone of the shoulder, instead of being vaguely curved, the consultant I later saw said, holding his hand over the model to demonstrate, then put his hand into a fist, to show me how my bone was at the end of it due to the thickness it had grown to. He called this an Impingement and I had an injection, and if it doesn't help, I may need an operation.
I knew that it was more than just FM and just glad that I got believed as often with FM people tend to get "written off," or just part of the FM in general. As far as I'm concerned, always listen to your body and your gut feeling. Go for it and if it is just FM, at least then you'll know for definite one way or another.
Bridgitte
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia