Hospital

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hospital

Postby carlz25 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:43 pm

Hi, just looking for some advice. I've been in pain constantly in some part of my body since around June haven't had a break at all. This past 3 weeks I've had terrible back ache and a really sore knee. I've been to docs who gave me more anti inflammatory tablets, last night I was out for work Xmas dinner and was so depressed. After 10 min of sitting I had to take heels of and put flip flops on, I couldn't get up and dance and the sweat lashed out of me the entire night ( to the point of shrinking back when people tried to hug goodbye)
It has annoyed me that much I am contemplating going to hospital to see if they'll X-Ray my knee I really don't want to sit like this over Xmas. Will it be an uncomfortable waste of my time, or should I maybe spoof a bit and say I fell?
Any opinion would be good I'm demented :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlz25
UKFM Member

Re: Hospital

Postby woodwasp » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:23 pm

hi i know how your feeling but if i where you i would lay it on a bit otherwise they will tell you to go back to your dock good luck :-P
woodwasp
UKFM Member

Postby carlz25 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:32 pm

Lol I was thinking that. I can walk on it atm but if I go I'll say I can't. I've bad pain in lower back too. Think they're maybe connected

carlz25
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi carlz25... my FM seemed to start in one of my shoulders, and I didnt know at the time that I actually had FM even tho I'd been in terrible pain for years before, I'd never heard of FM anyway really. But I went to my GP about my shoulder as the pain was unbearable and I honestly thought I'd injured it in some way, even tho I couldnt think how or when..... but he arranged for me to have an xray on it and it didnt take long, as here you ring and book it yourself, dont know what happens where you are?

However, you are entitled to go to A&E without telling a lie if you are in such pain.... I went to A&E with unbearable pain in my wrist one time, again before I realised I had FM, I honestly thought I'd broken it the pain was so bad, they xrayed it and of course there was no break, it was pain from the FM.

Hope you can get something sorted and can get out of pain or have less pain soon.
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:13 pm

If you feel the need to go to emerg then go.

Don't try to put on it is more for a couple of reasons...

Health care workers aren't without knowledge, they will see right through you.

The Dr will not be able to treat you effectively if he is not getting the accurate level of your discomfort and symptoms. You could be over medicated or even tests done that are completely not needed.

Remember, if you are found out as stretching the truth then you will have labelled yourself already for the next visit.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby carlz25 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:45 pm

I ended up ringing out of hours doc and just explaining the situation to him. He just said that I needed to rest it - not that easy with two children and Xmas lol. And said to increase my tramadol.
This does seem to be helping with pain but making me feel out of it. Can't really win can we!!

I've decided that today no matter how much pain I'm in I'm not going to complain. It's all about the children....

carlz25
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi sweetie, after x mas go see another dr and tell them u can't cope anymore and your not going to take any more pills till someone takes an X-ray ,but firm ,dr seem to respond better when you are more assertive ,make it plain you have a family and can't sit on your backside also u might wanna say resting doesn't help it one little bit.it might just be OA .but again wheni think how many ppl dr see a day they want u in and out ASAP so not be fobbed off,also whoami is right don't make it up you could delay a dr from someone real sick and you will be labeled xxxxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia