I got new symptoms

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I got new symptoms

Postby TATT » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:21 am

Does your symptoms change over time, I have had fm for 4 years and only today experienced cotton wool head and my skin hurts to touch like I am bruised all over. Even pulling up my trousers hurts my legs.

I have had fibro fog and never understood when someone says cotton wool but today I did. Why does new symptoms show up years later. Any ideas?

Tatt
TATT
UKFM Member

Re: I got new symptoms

Postby relf1960 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:45 am

I read these posts regular n talk to my sis about fm all the time too. If i happen to comment, for instance, that i only have pain in 1 knee, n the others fine, u can guarentee before long, the other will hurt too. Its as though the fibro is saying to itself, oh yes, we forgot about that one, we will give it her now, its wierd but happens regularly!
relf1960
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:10 pm

Unfortunately the way we lay, sit, stand or move because of existing pain often causes pain in other parts of the body too. As for the cotton wool head i find mine gets worse if i am under pressure, stressed or over tired. However any new symptoms, such as pain should be seen by a Dr. Hope that helps.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Kyomii » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:02 pm

Fibro is a systemic condition, thereby it can affect any part of your body/system. I have had it for 20 years and over that course of time more symptoms become apparent. Your skin hurting and fog is significant of a flare.
Kyomii
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:53 pm

I've had fibro well over ten years now and only 3 years ago did I start to hurt, before that it was just cfs.in the last year I to have had sore skin I hate it so much,even the bottom of my jeans hurt my feet.so yes u can get new things all the time and the only good thing is sometimes u can lose a few to.xx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:11 pm

Tatt....as you know I have been dealing with this for, LOL almost half of my aged life. New symptoms pop up all the time.

The main thing is, if any new symptom shows itself and is bothersome please, everybody get it checked. I have had many serious things happen that I excused as fibro. A couple of these were life threatening.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:13 am

TATT I agree make an appointment and get checked, it probably is your fibro but you never know and any and all new symptoms need checking :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby TATT » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:59 am

Thank you ladies,

I don't feel it's too bad to see Dr yet, just feel bruised to touch all over. I know I should see Dr but I know what it is. But if it gets very painful or my brain happens to get cotton wooly too much I will def see him.

Tatt x
TATT
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia