Post nasal drip!?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Post nasal drip!?

Postby gibbo82 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:16 pm

Just wondering if this condition is common with people with fibromyalgia?

Does anyone suffer from this? The doc has diagnosed me with this today as I've been having chronic flem in my throat for a few months now. She's put me on loratadine, just hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Re: Post nasal drip!?

Postby relf1960 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:44 pm

No, never heard of it n i read a lot of posts. But i did read fm has over 200 symmptoms so maybe it is? Sorry thats no help at all. Lol
relf1960
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:46 pm

If you try the Search box in the top right corner of each page, any references to Post Nasal Drip should come up. It's not not something I can recall coming across very often, but there might be something helpful in some of the older stuff.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:17 pm

Another thing i have also :roll:

Had it for years and years. My sinuses are terrible and i get hayfever and allergies.

Loratidine is an anti-histamine. This may help.

I also have a nasel saline wash that i use and a nasel spray.

Maybe have a think to what maybe causing this. Could be an allergy to something or smoke can cause this or blocked sinuses, anything that can irritate the nose.

Im sure if it persists you maybe refered to ENT for further investigations.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Karou » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:15 am

Didn't have this before Fibro. Then I got a bad cold and now I'm stuck with it. It gets worse when my friend brings her mini schnauzer. She doesn't lose hair like most other breeds (forgot the word for it) but for the next 2 days I need antihistamines. What amazes me is that I normally don't have any other symptoms like itching everywhere or irritated eyes. Only happens on a few rare occasions.

Saline nasal wash is a very good tip, I use this (got one that's gentle enough for children) and it also helps me with the dryness from central heating.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia