Pushed myself too far too hard

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pushed myself too far too hard

Postby HeppiBean » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:08 am

As the title says, I pushed myself too much yesterday. My partner has just woken me up to remind me that we're going to his grandparents in an hour.

The problem is I feel like I have been hit full on by a bus, flung into a brick wall and run over by a truck before having my head shoved in a food processor.

Dear lord today is going to be awful!

Currently laying here hoping my painkillers kick in very soon.

I'm sorry there's not really a point to this point... I guess I just needed to moan :/ xx

Katie. Mummy to 2 with Fibro and HMS.
Sent from my HTC One using TapaTalk.
HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Re: Pushed myself too far too hard

Postby zaininayah » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:58 am

Hi happibean.
Aaawwww bless you. Seriously I know how you feel. I feel for you.
If I have to do anything within a time limit it just does not happen. I just cannot do it.
I have to pace myself. Ive told all family and friends not to wait for me or rely on me to be on time or get anything done. Its impossible for me. I find it difficult as it is to look after my 5 year old.
Take care of your self. God bless you.
zaininayah
UKFM Member

Postby pwinstanley » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:19 pm

I often describe it as being bit by a bus. Feel really sorry for you especially if you then told you've got to be somewhere! Gentle hugs. Hope your painkillers kick in sooner rather than later. Try and get some sleep today as soon as you can. Take care.
pwinstanley
UKFM Member

Postby HeppiBean » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:31 pm

Well I have just finished getting me and the kids ready. Thankfully our lift is late anyway. Painkillers have taken the edge off but I still feel so weak. Thank you for your kind words xx

HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby busylady » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:35 pm

Know how you feel, house full yesterday, had lots of help though. Bed by 9pm with pain killers and sleeping pill, still wondering how I am going to get through today . I just want to go to bed. :(
busylady
UKFM Newbie

Postby HeppiBean » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:39 pm

Same here. Might have to have a quick snooze in the car as it's an hour drive! Xx

HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby fletch » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:36 pm

I'm the same the missus wants to go visiting but I feel totally wiped out but she just said it's only for a hour

Yes only a hour of pain and feeling like I've just been run over

Can't complain to much as she's very under standing most of the time
fletch
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:03 pm

4 hours in the car yesterday, 4 hours the day before. Cooking Xmas dinner for 4 today. A shiny ffabulus bean-to-cup coffee machine and an extending folding ladder thingy amongst other Xmas presents. Will I pay for these few days of being overly sociable? Quite possibly, but stuff it, it's Xmas, it's worth it to see the families. I can't see the point of living if I don't push my boundaries. Hope you guys all recover soon.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:34 pm

Been a similar time for me with travelling about. 3 hours during the day on Christmas Eve to see my folks, youngest niece and my aunt. Out on the beach for an hour for doglet walkings and doglet had a rare old time running about with my niece :dogrun1:

Christmas Day was 2 hours travelling to have the day with mum~in~law, didn't have to cook dinner tho, which always makes it taste better :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:

Started to feel a bit off early evening, so I knew payback was starting to make it's claim, but what the heck :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: With a bit of fairy_dust fairy_dust and a dose of Doctor Who, and I managed to last until we were back home.

When we went to bed, for the first time in dog~nose how many nights, I pretty much zonked out straight away and managed to have the most sleep in one night than I have been managing in a week recently. Payback is still reclaiming what is has decided I owe it, but with Santa bringing me some of my favourite bath stuff, I'm going to try and wash the extra hurtys away. It doesn't usually help, but it does give me a good excuse to soak in the bath for a good while and enjoy all the fruity aromas from what I'll use in there :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby deanna dimech » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:00 pm

Hi if it helps I feel just the same I had three mad days and boy am I paying for it , And your description is spot on, Lots of rest needed for both of us? Hope you are better very soon xx
deanna dimech
UKFM Member

Postby HeppiBean » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:14 pm

Had a ridiculously long day and I feel worse now than I did this morning. Staying in tomorrow. Going to have a duvet day infront of the fire. Thank God it's over xx

HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby lala1980 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:27 am

Yep.. thats how i felt last night and this morning but I didnt need to go out but we had some more family around but they help clean up and I had a hot bath and a nap ***(think they know I was wiped out just looking at me) so snap ;)) duvet day all around take care and I really hope u feel better tomoz xxx
If you smile then the world is a better place :-)
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby HeppiBean » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:36 am

Thanks lala. We are definitely going out for Christmas next year!!! I have my brother and sister-in-law round on new years day but my bro can chip in with stuff that needs doing ha ha xx

HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby foxesmad » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:55 am

Trouble is we all think we can do all the things we used to be able to do before fibro. It can be very hard to explain that after doing very little you are totally wiped out. I have that problem with the washing up and need to sit down after 10 minutes. I also find that the effort involved in walking from my car to my office takes so much out of me that it takes my energy away. I am totally exhausted for the rest of the day x :sleep:
foxesmad
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:47 am

Did too much in the run up to Christmas which wasn't helped by my loosing my Xmas grocery slot for on line delivery. Fibro fog was obviously at work the day I did the initial booking as I forgot to press a button and so lost my slot ! I think adrenaline & pain killers kept me going until Christmas day when everything I did was finished by a sleep .

Am .... Put turkey in oven , back for an hours sleep . Uwrap presents & breakfast ....another doze ,
PM Christmas Dinner helped by No2 son and wonderful OH great fun but while others tided up I went up for "an hour" doze.
Managed to watch a bit of evening TV with everyone but went to be and slept the clock around .

Today feel like I have been hit by a truck that then reversed just to make sure .

Am on my way to bed having again slept on and off for most of the day.

Quick query do we every manage to do normal things without taking the consequences. Still can't get used to it and still can't manage to pace myself very well .

merry Christmas everyone lets hope we all have a Great New Year
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia