Pushed myself too far too hard

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Pushed myself too far too hard

Postby fallingtobits » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:00 am

I didn't think I'd done too much, but on Boxing Day I was in sooooo much pain! I think the run up to Christmas is a tense time because everything has to be done to a deadline. Other times, I just say 'that can wait....'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fallingtobits
UKFM Member

Postby Zeberdi » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:20 pm

Another one for the 'me too' list.

I actually had two good days before it all started. I remember Sunday like a dream. I just relaxed and enjoyed the least amount of pain I have had for months. I actually sighed out loud with pleasure. I think the fact I was so incredibly happy and thankful for a good day made more impact than all the bad days everyone sees. My daughter looked at me in a way that said ' You REALLY are THAT happy just to have no pain - How BAD must it really be?

The answer to the question of how bad must it really be is - this bad.

The total extremes in less than a week and all because I pushed myself to clean, to entertain and to take part in the celebrations. Something most people take for granted and do not notice the true cost to me - after all, where are they all now? So next time I will be expected to be able to do it all, I will push myself, use my will power to achieve and then pay the piper.

It seems like a it is a way of life for us. To take part, to enjoy the important days we have to make an effort that will always require the payment to the pain piper. Truth is we need those memories, we need those special days, we need to take part in the little things when we can because they are the big things, the important things and the things we will remember till the day we die. They make it worth paying the pian piper every day, it's why we do it.

Still, I'd give my right arm for a pain killer that worked, especially as right now my right arm is screaming it's pain to the middle of my brain! lol
Zeberdi
UKFM Member

Postby HeppiBean » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:30 pm

Feeling better today than yesterday, not great but better. Popping out later for a friend's 21st... Will see how I do.xx

Katie. Mummy to 2 with Fibro and HMS.
Sent from my HTC One using TapaTalk.
HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:24 pm

Hopping it went ok and u got through it with a smile.
My mumis home from a hip op I had to go over there Christmas Day and cook for 7of us and clear up I was dead tired Boxing Day so tired I didn't sleep last night and still had ppl to see.im not sitting here with pins and needles in my neck,
With a nice stabbing to.
I don't sleep well best of times so I just lay on the settee with little one and shut my eyes I didn't sleep but stopped the burning xxxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby HeppiBean » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:19 pm

Not going out til 7:30... Am already knackered... Think I'll be home by 9 lol xx

HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby HeppiBean » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:10 pm

Oh my god, P!$$£d as a fart. I am going to regret this tomorrow xxx

Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of expletive.
HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby felinefine » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:50 pm

I was lucky enough to go out for xmas dinner so haven't worked hard here but still going out and doing different things has taken its toll.

I haven't learnt a all to pace myself and have had a day of PJ's and sofa
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby lala1980 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:29 am

Hi heppibean lol hope your hang over is not to bad;)) I spend most of yesterday in bed bless my other half had to look after 3 children He alway saying I dont know how you do it... ha nether do I but you just have to
Take care hunny im off my bloody fingers hurt xxx
If you smile then the world is a better place :-)
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby HeppiBean » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:52 pm

Hangover terrible. Never again will I touch tequilla!!xx

HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby lala1980 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:18 pm

Oh bless as long as u had a good time ;)) xx
If you smile then the world is a better place :-)
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby Emsy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:09 pm

HeppiBean wrote:Hangover terrible. Never again will I touch tequilla!!xx

Yeah I say the same thing every time I have a hangover too ;-)

Well done all on surviving Christmas...I think the Christmas/New Year gap was invented for spoonies to recover from the holidays. I cooked for 6 (with help!) on Christmas Day, had to retreat to bed by the evening (getting up to watch the Doctor Who Christmas ep, obviously!)

Was in bed most of Boxing Day. The WORST day so far has to be yesterday though. Sat in the cinema for three hours watching The Hobbit (which was a good film) but I was in SO much pain afterwards I could barely move. Not fun.

I hope everyone's getting the rest they deserve after a busy Christmas! :xmaswave1:
Emsy
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia