Dissertation

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dissertation

Postby migrembe » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:58 am

I am putting this message here in the hope that it will be seen by as many as possible, you see my daughter needs your help and i told her you were a friendly bunch and would do what you could. My daughter Bethany is in her last year if university studying Psychology and for her dissertation she has chosen to write about chronic pain and those treatments that works, the actual title is 'The Cost and Effectiveness of Treatments for those with Chronic Pain'.

Although she is looking at the wider field 'chronic pain' she says she will (possibly) use just Fibromyalgia Syndrome sufferers and treatments. Unfortunately she cannot use me for the study, although i am helping with the pilot study, as i am related to her.

You will need to fit the following profiles to take part -

-Female
-16+
- diagnosed with chronic pain for at least a year
- you need to be using the NHS so you will need to be in the UK although you can be accessing other treatments as well
- you need to be willing to use Skype preferably call, she will call you
- the interview will last about an hr depending on how much you have to say
- everything is confidential
- you can contact her at BSmith10@uclan.ac.uk for further information and if you would like to take part

She is looking to use 4-6 people in total. If you don't hear back from her for a the next week don't worry, she is still on her Christmas break.

Thanks for your help, Bev :clap:
migrembe
UKFM Member

Re: Dissertation

Postby zaininayah » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi. Ive just read your message. I'd be very happy to take part. I think I fit the criteria.
Looking forward to hearing from you. Nina
zaininayah
UKFM Member

Postby busylady » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:03 pm

I have just sent Bethany an email with some of my details. Hope she finds it of interest :-)
busylady
UKFM Newbie

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:19 pm

Sure why not If I can help in anyway count me in x
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby GMB » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:50 am

Hi. Just joined the group, having been reading posts for ages. Have emailed with info etc. wishing all the best and wait to hear
GMB
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:02 am

Really you should have asked Martin (the big big boss man) for permission to use the forum, he generally says yes and I cant see him having a problem with Bethany getting information from here, but in future please anyone who wants to ask members to participate in these kind of things just check with Martin first as a courtesy :-D :-D :-D

Another person is putting up a survey soon as well, so we could all be very busy helping over the next few weeks :-D :-D :-D

Good luck to all who are having to prepare dissertations etc. I hope it raises more awareness and generates more research for us, so more power to your pens :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby migrembe » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:27 pm

My daughter is not allowed to leave messages on any site so that is why i have added the request. If you want more information you will have to ask Bethany directly using her email. If you need her to call you i am sure she will be happy to do so, you will need to email her your contact information so she can.

Sorry i really didn't think anyone would object and who's Martin anyway? Sorry really don't know.

Thanks you are all amazing. :flowers:
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:07 pm

migrembe wrote:My daughter is not allowed to leave messages on any site so that is why i have added the request.

Sorry i really didn't think anyone would object and who's Martin anyway? Sorry really don't know.

Martin Westby is the Managing Editor of UKFM. Essentially without him, and all the others who work with him, the main site and forum and all the other things they are involved in wouldn't be here for us to use and benefit from.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:28 pm

His email is info@ukfibromyalgia.com for future reference.
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby migrembe » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:54 am

Thank you for the information :-D
migrembe
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia