Pain!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain!

Postby HeppiBean » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:55 pm

My wonderful daughter has just jumped on my back. To be precise she spent almost 5 minutes throwing herself on my back. I now cant move... I love her but my god 2 year olds have bony knees!!
Just a rant. Sorry x

Katie. Mummy to 2 with Fibro and HMS.
Sent from my HTC One using TapaTalk.
HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Re: Pain!

Postby whoami » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:39 pm

Heppibean.....you are right the joys of little ones...you gotta luv them!

With my grandchildren at least, if they accidentally hurt me instead of getting angry with them I would say how much I hurt and explained to them why I hurt so much. I found rather than saying you hurt me I would explain why I was so easily hurt and that everyone has to be a bit more careful.

They seemed to understand the fibro part better when not being explained while being disciplined at the same time.

I hope your back feels better soon and you can play soon with your daughter. Gentle play!
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:45 pm

My grandkids are the same they just love to hang on to whichever bit they can and seem to be all elbows and knees :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Zeberdi » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:57 pm

New trick that I tried and gave me the best nights sleep in months and months.

Just before bed run a hot bath with relaxing bubble bath and add half a tube of ibrulieve gel as it is running. Have a good long soak making sure the water gets everywhere for a while.

Take your usual pain meds before you sleep and see what happens.

Hopefully it will do the same for anyone else that tries it as it did for me.

After all you can't rub it everywhere and we need it all over. Diluting it in water means you can't have too much and the hot bath seems to magnify the effect. Saving usual pain killers till bed is normal for me but added to the extra help just seems to work.

Hope it helps someone else. I suppose you could add dragon balm and a massage for even more effect - must try that one myself as I have just thought of it. lol
Zeberdi
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:05 pm

One of mind is 19 months so I no how u feel, she thinks mummy is a climbing frame hehe,
The only good thing is they grow up learning mummy suffers pain and they soon learn to be gentle .
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby HeppiBean » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:40 pm

My youngest is 9 months so I have all this to look forward to all over again!! Gahh

Thank you all for the suggestions xx

HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:28 am

Oh how I remember the climbing frame phase :lol: this was also accompanied by the acrobat phase where they wanted to walk up your front and then spin around while I held thier hands or the please mummy can I come into bed just for a little while and then they morphed into a starfish taking up the whole bed while thier very bony elbows and knees seemed to get everywhere. :shock:

It does pass :( but in the mean time try and work out ways or special words to tell them when you are able to play like this or to let them know you need to play a little more gently. Even if it only means they ask to play so you know its going to happen rather than just being ambushed from behind the sofa. :-)

Enjoy your special times , they grow up so quickly.

Hugs to all :grouphug:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby HeppiBean » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:26 am

Thanks iceskate. Yes my daughter does most of the above, apart from getting into bed with us, we set very clear boundaries from the word go. Instead she begs me to get into her bed then pins me in the corner :O.

She knows that when I say "Cesca, oww, mummy hurts" that it's time to start being gentle, but her version of gentle is different to mine... We'll get there lol xx

HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:13 pm

Iceskatemum wrote:Oh how I remember the climbing frame phase :lol: this was also accompanied by the acrobat phase where they wanted to walk up your front and then spin around while I held thier hands

Me too {the phases, not actually doing these things :lol: :lol: :lol: } altho by the time I was dx'd, DS was well out this stage and old enough to understand a little more about why things were so hurty and why we could only do certain things for short amounts of time. As DS is the only one we have, I've just gone thru it the once, altho we did have the puppy equivalent when doglet came to live with us, with the added bonus of sharp and nippy chewings on hands and toes :shock: :shock: :shock:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia