Hospital letter

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hospital letter

Postby Tracie » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:42 pm

Had hospital letter,i get a copy so does gp,says what was discussed and plan re meds but in the appointment I explained how ill I felt with being tired and told her I need to rest,she put in letter when I am tired to do gentle excersise which I do and I certainly do not sit about all day,she also said how she explained how bed is no good,I am at the point where I need to rest and do so,when I get to this point my body does just not want to move,am sure she thought I was in bed day in day out.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Re: Hospital letter

Postby dotty lotty » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:19 pm

It can be difficult at a hospital clinic as sometimes when we explain something the doctor can pick it up differently. It can be very frustrating.
Hopefully she was offering advice on gentle exercise but when you hit that brick wall you need to rest and if you were happy with the rest of the consultation focus on that.
As long as you and your GP (discuss this with him) is happy no need to worry. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:10 pm

Tracie....I don't think the lady interviewing you was trying to make it sound like you spent all your time in bed. From what you say she wrote it sounds like she is telling your Dr what she feels part of your treatment should be.

Gentle excercise when you are feeling tired all the time, will in fact give you a boost of energy. I find that when I am getting tired if I go for a little walk or stretch myself a bit, it doesn't take much, then I feel revitalized. Now when you are completely exhausted, that is another story. Then you need to rest.

Tracie.... It is hard to really understand what point this lady was trying to make without reading the whole letter. Is that all she said, that you needed to excercise and too much bed was no good??

I hope you told this lady that you also care for your husband and that you need help in looking after him and yourself. You have mentioned before how it is getting hard for you to do basic things like bathing yourself.

Tracie...do you see your Dr soon to discuss the visit you had with her? It is important that your Dr gets clear facts about your situation.

Try not to get too worked up. It might seem a lot clearer after you have seen your Dr.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby dejay » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:39 pm

I think I have said before, that for me I try to write down what I need to ask the dr,but best of all if you can have someone with you ,to listen to what the dr says, because i find i come out of the surgery, and i have only got half of what the dr has said.and if i did not take a list with me i would forget what i was going to ask, my daughter or husband come with me and i find it such a help Happy New year to everyone, lol
dejay
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:06 pm

Deejay...excellent advice. I do the same thing.

Sometimes when we here news, it doesn't matter if it comes from a letter or from the Dr's mouth, we don't exactly hear what was said. We are stressed and we hear either what we want. Sometimes we are so use to having to defend ourselves that we become so defensive right of the bat. We don't hear things as they are. We take things the wrong way.

I have done this many times while I was going through the early years. I then began to take someone with me. When we came out it was amazing how we sometimes "heard a completely different conversation". I don't think it is done with intent, we just are stressed and not relaxed.

Tracie, I know you have to do so much yourself but is there someone you have that can go with you to these appointments. If for nothing else, it would take some stress of you.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Tracie » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:13 pm

Hope to see gp on Monday

As I say I do do gentle excersise and always busy just get so exhausted body won't move
Tracie
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia