Another Question for you all

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Another Question for you all

Postby Allio » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:39 pm

Having read through a lot of posts, I have seen many ppl say 'When I have a flare up'. I have had mine for a year and dx last Aug. I have gradually got worse and am always in pain, with pain increasing after I have walked or washed the dishes etc. I know I have arthritis and have had that for a long while now which probably adds to the pain but never had a period where it has been better so I can have a flare up. Is this the same for anybody else?
Allio
UKFM Member

Re: Another Question for you all

Postby DRM » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:52 pm

It's seems that I am one of the rare people who have fibro with no other conditions. I am constantly in pain even with meds, but I would classify a flare up as when it gets worse. Usually my own fault for doing something I know I shouldn't! All the best for the new year x
DRM
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:55 pm

I am always hurting, some places more than others but always! A flare up for me would be if I have done something to cause extra pain or even a weather change.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby felinefine » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:19 am

Hi

I used to have periods of little pain, not totally no pain but mainly localised in one or two pressure points, and namely hands being numb or pins and needles. I then had major flare ups where most areas hurt especially in the morning, mainly body refusing to move.

Since my stroke in July I have had continuous pain, quite debilitating and constant headaches of varying degrees ( have been to hosp by ambulance 7 times since my stroke due to the awful head pain and vomiting as this was also the symptom of the stroke and have had CT scans every time and MRI's and MRA's (they now say its the FMS), I cannot move easily, mornings the pain wakes me up, have dead legs and hips hurt. Most recently over the last 2 weeks my hands wrists and elbows hurt very badly,I can't hold a book to read and now after typing for this long it's getting unbearable. I find a hot bath helps but then I have shearing hot pain up my arms struggling to get out, to the point of wanting to cry.

I wonder whether because of my stroke my brain cannot cope as its mending from that and dealing with both..... this is the most longest flare up ever

I also have IBS and deficient in B12

xx
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby Allio » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:43 am

Thanks for the replies, it puts it into perspective for me. Having done some housework yesterday I am in quite a lot of all over pain with more intense pain in other areas. :( But onwards and upwards ......another day to see through A x
Allio
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:52 am

I tend to have a flu like feeling wheni have a flare.im never pain free but a flare for me is ache like flu that feels my skin so very sore I can't bear lay touch it and I'm i. One right now .
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:46 pm

What constitutes a flare~up tends to be slightly different for each of us. I'm in pain all the time, in fact I can't remember the last time I didn't hurt. It tends to be top~to~toe with difference areas climbing up the scales at times, depending on what I have/haven't been doing. I didn't seem to have "typical" flare~ups at first. Instead of having something become more painful for a while then start to settle back down, I would have an area become more painful, then it would stay at this increased level, eventually becoming my regular level until the next time there was another jump up the hurtys scale.

Over the past yearish tho, I've noticed things changing and becoming more like types of flare~ups that others describe, with a spike in levels, then a slight easing back of things, nowhere near where it originally spiked from, but a little easing is better than what I was experiencing previously. This change seems to have coincided with CFS being dx'd, and has become much more apparent duing the past 3 monthsish when I was having acupuncture, and even more so since my sessions finished.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Allio » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:03 pm

That is a good understanding of it, I was thought if you had flare ups then you had times without pain. Silly me, should have known :oops:
Allio
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:09 pm

I don't go a day without pain i think i have had the present flare up for about 2 years and i have had to stop working because it, but i am still living but some days that living means having a day in bed.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby carlz25 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:02 pm

I've had pain on and off for years but in June I went to doc because it wouldn't go away. She diagnosed me and since then I can't honestly say I haven't had a "normal" day. If it's not pain it's the extreme tiredness, got to the point now where I'm trying to use this forum for questions and stuff because friends just don't get it.
One said to me earlier. That's not normal you need to go bk to doc. I was tempted to say read up on it. It's not normal.
You're not on own it is constant x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlz25
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia